Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm replacing my 1985 Eldorado Biarritz...WHAT A CAR THAT WAS! Anyway, it doesn't owe me nothin'. 170,000 miles...y'now? The engine and tranny work great, but other work is going to run me a few grand so I'm moving on...

Ok guys, 1993 Seville SLS (4.9). 80,000 miles. Car is in good shape...needs a serious detail job. 2nd owner of car is old lady (owned for 5 years). She can't drive anymore and apparently nothing has been going on with it for two years. The inspection sticker says 3/01.

Leather, lumbar, light green/blue with tan softtop, nice rims, no CD, brand new tires, smooth shifting/good response etc.

Cons: A/C coolant empty (empty or leaking???), some oil noticed under hood near gaskets (but it's 10 years old), sunglass holder door needs replacing, some lights out, license plate frame cracked.

Anyway, the guy said $4,000. I'm gonna hit him with $3,500 for all the little things. How lo/hi should I go!?

Comments, suggestions, opinions...go!!!

Thanks, :bouncy:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Tell him youll pay the 4grand if he goes and gets everything fixed, or at least the AC stuff.... That can get costly, since I believe yours uses the CFC-R12, not HFC-R134a....... Big difference between the two......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thanks for your help...keep it up...I need as much advice as I can get.

RE: the AC. Being that it's sat there for 2 years do you think it's likely that the condenser is leaking or just empty? Is there a way to check it with the diagnostic stuff?

Thanks!

Rock,

ezt

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
It may show up on the DTC, it may not..... The best way is to drive to the nearest place to have it checked out WITHOUT THE AC ON...... With low freon, you could seize the compressor (not good)..... An I dont care if its been sitting for 20 years, it shouldnt lose freon.....

·
Registered
586 Posts
if you arent going to get it fixed right away, make sure you unplug the wire harness going to the compressor so that it doesnt turn on when you put the defog on.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
If they decide they dont want to fix the ac, tell them youll catch them on the flipside!!!

There are pleanty of good cars out there, and it doesnt sound like this is the one!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
elwesso