Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SRX V8 AWD
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a Cadillac problem but I posted this on Chevy forum with no response. I have a 2008 Chevy Equinox 3.4 v6. I changed plugs and wires and when I went to start it the key was locked in and no power. Got key out,connected battery cables for 30 seconds, but still no power.The only electrical connection disconnected was wiring harness to coils. Would you happen to know or find out what I need to wake it up!! Thanks.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Thinking cap is on. Be back later.

·
Registered
2004 SRX V8 AWD
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can take your thinking cap off. The problem is the battery decided to go south on me. The only way I had to test battery was meter on battery charger which showed fully charged. Borrowed neighbors VOM and only showed 4 V and won't take a charged. That's what I get for assuming! Put a VOM on my wish list for xmas. Thanks anyway and stay tuned.

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
972 Posts
. Borrowed neighbors VOM and only showed 4 V and won't take a charged. That's what I get for assuming! Put a VOM on my wish list for xmas. Thanks anyway and stay tuned.
Why wait until Christmas? Harbor Freight has perfectly useable DVM's dirt cheap, sometimes free. Generally in the $3 - $5 range. I've got one in every vehicle.
Out of curiosity what was the battery voltage as displayed on the Drivers Information Center?

·
Registered
2004 SRX V8 AWD
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't tell. Everything was dead! Also I think I will spend some xtra money and get a good digital meter. it would come in handy for other uses besides the cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts