Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone, I hate to be the guy that asks the same question for the 2000 time, but this forum is way to aged and has way to much info to find exactly what I'm looking for. I just purchased a set of new tires and rims. The Rims are 20 inch HPD MSR Gen1's, and all the tire's need to be replaced, there currently 245/35/20's. They have very little tread, there wearing badly unevenly, and have several other issues I've found. So, I need to buy a new set. I did though install the rims and tires, and here are some issues I had. Somehow, the rear right tire's sidewall got damaged with a tear, straight around the entire rubber after driving about 3 hours. After I inspected it, I saw the fender is not rolled up, like newer CTS's, Mine is a 2005, my friends is a 2006 and does not have this issue. For those of you unfamiliar with what I'm saying, where the fender hangs over the wheel, theres a 90 cut of the metal facing where the tire could possibly hit if the car dropped enough from things like speed bumps, full car, etc. I searched the forum and found a topic saying I need to "roll my fenders". How exactly could i do that, what tools would i use or where could I have it done.

Now some more questions, I want to "smoke" my head and tail lights, In NJ, is that illegal, and where is a good source to buy the kits from besides ebay, I found a lot of different retailers for it on there.

Some More. I want a V Grille, but I dont want a V bumper conversation. There are hundreds of versions on ebay, does anyone have one they know isnt a cheap replica, I want a quality one, but not the GM one, its far to expensive for mesh

And Lasttty, Where can I buy a new bumper front and rear cheap. I have multiple nicks in them and want to replace them, or even better, how could i repair the small damages already there, does anyone know of a kit? I also need a new fender

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
Just take your car to a local body shop and tell them what you just told all of us

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
to roll your fenders, you can take a rubber mallet to it and lightly hit it. they will "roll" up for you. but the main ? for you though, is what size 20 is it. meaning what is the width of your rim? it personally sounds as if you have a 20x9.5 on there and this size 20 will definitely eat your back tires away. also, what is the offset of the rims? this is also a key factor in how much rubbing you get. a +35 and up, most people prefer a +40 to +45 range, will help immensly with no rubbing. i personally am running a 20x8.5 +38 offset, with 245/35R20 and have absolutely no rubbing...

as far as the tint for the lights, i do not know what is legal in your state, but i recommend staying away from the pre-cut tint from ebay. i only say that, cause i tried putting these on my car, and it didnt work out so well. if you do not get it on there perfect, it looks horrible. and they can be extremely difficult to put on...

and yes you can get a V grille without doing a V bumper conversion. i do not know what type of money you are looking at spending, but i recommend an E&G grille. they are good quality and great looking as well...

and for a new bumper, i would check in the classifieds here and look thru ebay for that...you may get your best deal from ebay...

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
^ actually wasn't that funny. sounds like something that would be said on this forum.

dude..I got a rubber mallet and hammered it in.
lift your car, take the rim off and beat it slowly from side to side. take your time and you wont crack your paint.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts