Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to V's and this is my 1st post. All the info here is very helpful but I have searched until I can search no more. And sorry to be asking for help so soon.

However, can anyone please tell me where the EVAP vent solenoid is located? I know where the purge solenoid is, but cannot find any info on the vent solenoid's location. Any diagrams, pics, or wiring diagrams would be helpful. I'm throwing a P0449 code.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
See the attached.

Its been experience that EVAP related error codes often "cure" themselves given a few operating cycles, but perhaps I have just been lucky.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darkman,
Thanks for the quick reply! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. All of the attached is some great and helpful information. Do you happen to know where the EVAP canister/vent solenoid is located? On top of the fuel tank? Or is it somewhere I can get to without dropping the tank/exhaust/driveshaft/rear end?

·
Registered
Escalade
61 Posts
Im getting strong gas oder from driver wheel well. Any ideas..some told me fuel pump goin..and some saidd vent solenoid?

·
Registered
1 Posts
See the attached.

Its been experience that EVAP related error codes often "cure" themselves given a few operating cycles, but perhaps I have just been lucky.
I am unable to see the attachments you had posted before on this issue. I have had the code for a year and am ready to just tackle replacing the solenoid. Any help with the procedure would be appreciated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts