Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Catera that has been perfect till now. When it gets hot it will die when coming to a stop and sometimes can be restarted... sometimes not. Once it sits overnight it will be fine even if it couldn't be started after it died. Once when I got it re-started it was stuck in 3rd gear and couldn't be manually shifted to a lower gear. The sport mode light was stuck on that time. There have never been any codes in the OBD. It has been at the dealer for a couple of days now and they seem stumped. I have searched the forum and can't find anything there.

Thanks for any help you can give!

STEVE

·
Registered
97 Catera
31 Posts
Its probably your Crankshaft Position Sensor causing the car to die when it gets hot..as for you transmission id say that is caused by either a faulty shift solenoid, or it could just be a dirty/clogged transmission filter..these are the most basic things id check first and to be honest i cant see why the dealership didnt try this.. but alot of dealerships wont even bother checking a part unless it sets a code..could also be your EBTCM going bad..there are flow charts and testing procedures for your CPS and your EBTCM, the dealership should be able to test your shift solenoids with a Scanner...hope this gives you someplace to start, please keep us posted with ANY information, such as what they have tested and maybe we can get you headed in the right direction..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts