Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Does the CTS 3.6L use the same motor mounts as the v8?

2) Does the 6-speed transmission use the same mounts for the v6 and v8?

3) Can anyone point me to the engine weight/dimensions, tranny input shaft and spline info. etc?

I'm wanting to modernize my 1967 A-Body (Chevelle, Skylark) by using the CTS' V6 engine, 6-speed transmission and ECU. Heck, I may also try and put in the console too.

If anyone has any info. or comments, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
1) Does the CTS 3.6L use the same motor mounts as the v8?

2) Does the 6-speed transmission use the same mounts for the v6 and v8?

3) Can anyone point me to the engine weight/dimensions, tranny input shaft and spline info. etc?

I'm wanting to modernize my 1967 A-Body (Chevelle, Skylark) by using the CTS' V6 engine, 6-speed transmission and ECU. Heck, I may also try and put in the console too.

If anyone has any info. or comments, I'd really appreciate it.
If your going for a V6 I would opt for the 2.8L Turbo

·
Registered
NONE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking for both good HP and MPG for my '67. And, I don't do carbs.

The 3.6L VVT weighs just 370lbs, puts out 255hp and gets 29 EPA hwy. Given that my '67 is at least 500lbs lighter than a CTS I would expect at least that mpg level. And, the weight/HP ratio should produce a fairly quick 0-60 time.

While the 2.8L Turbo has 300hp it has very low mpg EPA ratings.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2003, Pontiac Trans Am S.E. 1977
210 Posts
Why not put a Small Block in it? Those LS engines get pretty good gas mileage with a properly geared transmission.

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
off the top of my head (yea i remember weird shit like this) the C6 base/GS gets 26mph highway and 16/17(?) city with 440hp from the LS3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts