Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 SDV and my a/c drain is apparently clogged because it is in draining into the floorboard. I searched the forum trying to find directions on where to locate the a/c drain hose. I got under the car (as much as I could) to try to find this a/c hose. Does anyone have a picture or a better description of where this thing is, so I can clean it out.

By they way, it is over 100 degrees and very humid, so I am getting LOTS of water in the floorboard.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,116 Posts
No ideas for a 93, BUT, if you can get the car up on a 4-point lift it makes this job easier........start looking under the center console passenger side near the firewall area - a drain tube with maybe a pinched flapper valve on the end. Cut off the flapper. Maybe toward the passenger fenderwell area.....

·
Registered
Cadillac
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ideas for a 93, BUT, if you can get the car up on a 4-point lift it makes this job easier........start looking under the center console passenger side near the firewall area - a drain tube with maybe a pinched flapper valve on the end. Cut off the flapper. Maybe toward the passenger fenderwell area.....
Yes, I do wish I could get it on a lift. I will take it somewhere if I have to. B

What do you mean the center console? No center console in my SDV.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,116 Posts
Sort of like the front of what used to be the "transmission tunnel".

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
According to the FSM, "condensation is drained through a small hole in the bottom of the evaporator case."
Good luck with finding That! :eek:

If it's LOTS of water, are you sure the heater core/ hoses aren't leaking?

·
Registered
Cadillac
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the FSM, "condensation is drained through a small hole in the bottom of the evaporator case."
Good luck with finding That! :eek:

If it's LOTS of water, are you sure the heater core/ hoses aren't leaking?
Well AmenCaddy, that does make it sound like it will be harder to find.

As far as the heater core, I know that is not the case. The water is completely clear and its cold (like it is condensing on the cold lines) and I am not seeing any dripping underneath the car when the a/c is on (meaning that the a/c condensate is not draining outside the car, but instead in my floorboard!).

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,576 Posts
just get under it and start looking around under the firewall on the passengers half of the car. You should find it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I found it. I turned the wheel as far as I could, so the passenger tire was out of the way. I felt all around on fire wall and finally found it. Cleaned it out and now there is no more leaking!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts