Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the UUC shifter and bushings, but forgot to put the foam insert back in before slapping the knob on the UUC. Now I can't for the life of me get the knob back off. Pulled right off the stock shaft w. very little effort. WTF!!!!!! Anyone have ideas of how to get this damn knob off. I've been pulling on it for 30-45 min so far..... dammit!!!!

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
c4racer said:
I just installed the UUC shifter and bushings, but forgot to put the foam insert back in before slapping the knob on the UUC. Now I can't for the life of me get the knob back off. Pulled right off the stock shaft w. very little effort. WTF!!!!!! Anyone have ideas of how to get this damn knob off. I've been pulling on it for 30-45 min so far..... dammit!!!!
I put the UUC on today and just tried to remove the knob. It came off the exact same way as with the standard shaft.

T

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For some reason it really jammed on there, but got it off and all is good now. Love the shifter btw - really makes such a difference - you can find 5th gear EVERY time now w/o any drama or guesswork. I love the shift feel, and very positive and precise shifts now. Not as hard-core as the B&M ripper in my C4 race car, but that is a good thing.

BTW - ended up taking me 3-4 hours which is a bit longer than expected. I followed the full instructions and removed the driveshaft, exhaust and lowered the trans - that was the easy part!! I could probably do another one in 1.5-2 hours. First time through is always more time consuming.

Glad it's in, however. I installed the new poly carrier bushings too - my stockers were just fine, but I have 3700 miles on it so far so not a surprise. Tires are almost half gone, however which is not a pleasant sign at all.....

Scott

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
c4racer said:
Anyone have ideas of how to get this damn knob off. I've been pulling on it for 30-45 min so far..... dammit!!!!
Easy, Dude...sometimes performance anxiety makes things a little difficult, relax and it'll come. :eek:

-ace

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow, i didn't know UUC made products for the V. their products and quality is great IMO. had their pulleys and clutch stop on my bmw :thumbsup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
ended up taking me 3-4 hours which is a bit longer than expected
took me ~5 hours to install the UUC shifter. 1 hour at the most for the whole shift assembly,, the rest to install those damn bushings! I installed the Corsa exhaust at the same time so I had no exhaust in the way to deal with and I didn't drop the tranny nor loosened the shift arms. UCC shifter install is rather easy, actually, and can be done from the top with only fastening the attaching screws/nuts from the bottom. No need to remove the console either.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
BadCad said:
took me ~5 hours to install the UUC shifter. 1 hour at the most for the whole shift assembly,, the rest to install those damn bushings! I installed the Corsa exhaust at the same time so I had no exhaust in the way to deal with and I didn't drop the tranny nor loosened the shift arms. UCC shifter install is rather easy, actually, and can be done from the top with only fastening the attaching screws/nuts from the bottom. No need to remove the console either.
I did mine from below. I think drilling out the rivets is cleaner and easier from below.

I spent the most time taking the damned exhaust off and putting it back on.

T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts