Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help. I had a leak coming from the bottom of the water pump housing on my 1997 deville. (Tough Job) I fixed the leak and put everything back together. Started the car up and I have my ABS and TRACTION CONTROL light on. I new it was not a wheel speed sensor because I had not moved the car. I disconnected the wire harness that plugs into the ABS Pump and checked it for damage. No Damage!!! Is there another harnessunder the hood that is related to ABS and Traction Control or if you have a solution for a fix let me know. Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,994 Posts
Obviously a self inflicted wound. Go back and pull that ABS connector. Spray the contacts with Brakleen and reseat it good. Probably got some coolant in it.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obviously a self inflicted wound. Go back and pull that ABS connector. Spray the contacts with Brakleen and reseat it good. Probably got some coolant in it.
I'll try that when I get up in the morning. Hope to god it works. You are probably right because I had it unplugged before I had take the waterpump housing off and all of that antifreeze came pouring down on to the abs pump. I do know if there were a broken wire then it would read no data on the TCS codes on the on-board obd2 reader.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,994 Posts
Not sure, but since it just happened after the crossover change and coolant spill, that has to be the cause. Hopefully it is only the connection and coolant did not get into the EBTCM. That will be expensive.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure, but since it just happened after the crossover change and coolant spill, that has to be the cause. Hopefully it is only the connection and coolant did not get into the EBTCM. That will be expensive.
Hopefully that has not happened. But I have access to two devilles in my back yard with those on it. I am praying I don't to pull those off. Do you have to prime that thing or can you just hook the brake lines up and plug the harness in an be ready to roll.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got D**M IT!!! Ranger you are a genius. The brakleen worked like a charm. When abs was not working my power steering was not working either. Now everything is back to normal. I also pulled off my intake manifold while I was at it and clean out all of that gunk in it. Now my caddy runs like a champ. I have 268,000 miles on the car, 75,000 miles on the trans, and 84,000 on the engine. It cost me a total of 2,500 dollars to get the car and the engine and transmission. I did all of the work my self. Thank you RANGER!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts