Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Daytime bulb? You mean the orange turn signal/day time runner?

Just pop off the plastic lining in the wheel well and reach inside.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Just go under that thing and pull off those little things to get that bigger thing off then you are home free. Just watch out for that wire, and that other thing that may or may not get in the way.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man.. I think im retarded or something.. I cant seem to get to it still.. i even took the airbox out.. Any help or should i just hang myself?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Man.. I think im retarded or something.. I cant seem to get to it still.. i even took the airbox out.. Any help or should i just hang myself?
Don't go in through the engine compartment. Go in through the wheel well, in front of the tire. Pull the black plastic lining off.

Here, look at my instructions for removing the front bumper. Just look at pictures 2,3,4 and 5. That will show you how to take the plastic lining off. You'll be able to access the bulb after that.

http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal/

You ARE talking about the orange day time runner and not the actual headlight, correct?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im talking about the little bulb on the bottom of your headlight in that little triangle shape..

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Im talking about the little bulb on the bottom of your headlight in that little triangle shape..
lol.... we thought u were talking about the DRLs, for those parking lamps its the same way. Use Jons page for info and pics http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal/ . Pull the wheel well liners, reach up and feel for the cap on the housing and then remove it. You can then pull the bulb. Bulb size is 194.

Attachments

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Ouch... I think you gotta pull the headlight assembly out for that.
That means, you have to remove the front bumper cover.
There should be some posts about removing the bumper cover, maybe someone could point you there.
Oh and that is a funky numbered bulb, not your standard peanut bulb. (194) Check with the dealer for the correct trade number.

You can put a 194 in there, but it is not what it is designed for.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
There should be some posts about removing the bumper cover, maybe someone could point you there.
Oh and that is a funky numbered bulb, not your standard peanut bulb. (194) Check with the dealer for the correct trade number.

Nah. The triangle bulb, just pull the plastic lining off and reach up there.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I have only done one on an SRX.
The manual says to pull the lamp out.
I'll have to remember this if I have to do one again.
Even though I don't think it is that hard to remove the bumper... with my tools and a lift that is.
If I was working on the ground I'd be trying that method for sure!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude.. like Ive said before.. I tried pulling the wheel well out.. i still cant get to it... thats why Im asking you guys if I should hang my self and call it a day..

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Here's a view of the bottom of the light... You can't reach that bottom cap when the plastic lining is off?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

You dont have to remove the bumper for the parking lamps.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I saw that, (see above) but I haven't tried it.
That picture should help our original poster.
It does look like you could reach in there for access.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
You can reach in there to get to that cap, but you gotta literally lay on your back and get your head in the wheel well. If on the drivers side of the car, turn the wheel all the way to the left. Flashlight will help.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
You can reach in there to get to that cap, but you gotta literally lay on your back and get your head in the wheel well. If on the drivers side of the car, turn the wheel all the way to the left. Flashlight will help.
I just sat in front of the car and felt around for it and took it out, wasnt that bad. I did it at night too, lol

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn!!! so thats what Im looking for... I saw that cap but i was looking for the bulb with a harness sticking out of it.. Go ahead and say it.. Im a dumbass.. Guess thats what i get for owning Hondas and Acuras all my life..

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And thanks for the help Jon.. Ill be sure to send you a lucky red envelope for new years next year!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts