Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with an Avic D-3 in an '03 lade?

At night, if I dim the instrument cluster lights to off, the display turns into daytime mode. Is it supposed to dim?

Also, and this may be related to the back-up camera or remote starter installed at the same time, but my (front)A/C fan started acting wierd. Sometimes, it won't turn on, and sometimes, it won't turn off, even when the truck is off and the key is out.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
605 Posts
hay hope you find your answers soon because im going to install the d3 into my 02 dts with bose, onstar, and steering controls.

did your lade come with onstar, bose and steering controls too? if so, what harnesses did you use to keep them? how did they work out, and how did your install go? what other problems did you run into concerning the install... if any?

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
his and your harness is different
you have 32 pin his is 24 pin
yes your D3 should dim, so long as the orange illumination wire was connected properly

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks STS- I appreciate it. It's real tough since I have nothing to compare to:thumbsup:

For the recors, I needed some other thing to keep onstar available, and I don't remember the pac for the steering wheel controls. Oh yeah, I also needed something to keep the open door chime working.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
the gmos-04 will be your harness and will keep onstar as well as door chime
yours is the 24 pin system btw just for clarity

1 - 6 of 6 Posts