Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 FWB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if this AC DELCO radio taken From a 96 FWB will plug and play in my 95 FWB. I got the radio from a salvage yard and wanted to know if will work in my car before I take my radio out since I've never done it also there is some code needed for the Theft Lock feature that I don't have any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
No, it will not work without extensive wiring harness modifications. The 1996 FWB unit is self contained (traditional). The 1993-95 FWB units utilized a tuner-amp unit in the trunk; their in dash unit acts only as a controller. As far as the code for the Theftlock, it would have to be reprogrammed only if the owner set a code in the first place (many owners never did).

Actually that does not look like a FWB unit. Oh, and another thing, the mounting bracket locations are different between 93-95 and 96 FWB units. The 93-95 units do not even have an antenna plug on the head unit. The antenna plugs into the tuner-amp unit in the trunk.

·
Registered
95 FWB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya it definitely came out of a 96 FWB but it doesn't look like it's going to work for me. So did they ever get around to making a unit that will fit in my 95 that has a CD player ? What is the easier way for me to get a up to date unit that will work for me with little or no mods to my wiring?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well it may be a unit that came out of a 96 FWB, but it is not a FWB unit. But YES, GM did make a unit with a CD player for the 93-95 FWBs. If you locate one, grab it even if it does not work. They are worth getting repaired. Here is the place I recommend:
http://www.mnrelectronics.com/factroy-radio-repair/

----------

Here is what the 93-95 units look like that have a CD player in them: http://www.mnrelectronics.com/1994-cadillac-fleetwood-cassette-cd-with-eq-control-head-16161526/

Units from same year DeVilles, Sevilles, and Eldorados may be the same size, but they do not mount or wire the same, so it has to be from a FFleetwood. I have been through all this before.

You can go to Crutchfield and get an aftermarket unit and they will probably be able to sell you all the wiring adaptors you need. But I prefer to keep mine stock.

----------

I wish I could get my Delco 12 CD changer to work with these 93-95 units, but I cannot find a way. I think it is possible with the 96 unit though.

----------

If you look behind your trunk liner near the antenna, you will see the tuner-amp unit. They are not found in 96 FWBs, as the amp and tuner is self contained in the head unit, as normal.

·
Registered
95 FWB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I can find the factory unit w/ CD player it will be pretty much bolt right in plug and play? Or will I have to do something with the unit in the trunk?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just remove your old unit and replace it with any 93-95 Fleetwood unit with a CD player and you are set. If you get one from a junk yard, chances are it will need to be rebuilt, so be prepared for that. Most of the ones I have ever encountered needed some kind of repair. But once it is rebuilt, it should last a long time. It cost me $175 to get mine rebuilt.

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
716 Posts
Does any one know if this AC DELCO radio taken From a 96 FWB will plug and play in my 95 FWB. I got the radio from a salvage yard and wanted to know if will work in my car before I take my radio out since I've never done it also there is some code needed for the Theft Lock feature that I don't have any help would be appreciated.
I am a Buick Roadmaster guy, the radio that you have posted in your first post is from a 95 / 96 Buick Roadmaster. Buick also used that radio in other cars up until the early 2000's. I've never been behind my 96 Fleetwood radio, which is a standard radio with cassette. If you pulled that out of a 96 Fleetwood, I would say there's a very good chance it will plug right into your 95. If you've already bought it from the junkyard, you've got nothing to loose. Give it a try. Like has been said there is a good chance the CD will not be working.

Tom

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any radio that works in a 1996 Fleetwood, will not work in a 1993-95 Fleetwood. But, what the heck, give it a try there is no need to pay attention to me who has been through this already, and has owned Fleetwoods and Roadmasters too, and I have been behind the radios of each

And Roadmaster guy, certainly you know that a radio from a 95-96 Roadmaster is not a direct plug-in for a 94 Roadmaster. One thing the Roadmasters did not have that the 93-95 Fleetwoods have was a tuner-amp in the trunk.

I will be interested in what a "give it a try" yields.

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
716 Posts
And Roadmaster guy, certainly you know that a radio from a 95-96 Roadmaster is not a direct plug-in for a 94 Roadmaster.
???, never said that it would fit a 94 Roadmaster, you may want to reread the post. I have owned two 95 RMW plus a 94 RMW.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know, however you suggested that it may work in his 95 Fleetwood, and it doesn't. Maybe you should read ALL of my posts. You obviously are making a guess with your advice. My advice is not speculation or a guess, or even some logical deduction, it is fact. Just like you would know for a fact that a 95-96 Roadmaster unit does not work in a 94 Roadmaster without a lot of modifications, including using a 95-96 Dash bezel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts