Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my new project, a 68 fleetwood, and have run into a couple of issues that seem to be stopping me in my tracks..... Here it goes.
The rear superlift susupension has been replaced with a "pleasur-lift" air shock with a air fill (think valve stem) in the trunk. No compressor on these babies... Just a fill stem. I can see where the superlift lines have been disconnected, and it looks like the compressor that should have been in the engine compartment is gone altogether. I aired them up and they are not holding charge. I need to find a replacement shock... conventional would be fine, but I have also been pondering an entire air bag setup replacing all the coils and shocks, or a suitable (or comparable) setup that would work like the original superlifts. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated... currently riding long and low...just avoiding every bump in the road like the plague! I am also having to find soem replacement cables... I am posting for these under the electrical section....

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
i'd say go with standard, but let me check if they changed the springs for cars with auto-leveling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
beachbyk said:
I have also been pondering an entire air bag setup replacing all the coils and shocks, or a suitable (or comparable) setup that would work like the original superlifts. ....

thanks in advance
Just my opinion, but shared with some other people in another forum: Don't use an air ride system or air bladder type systems, they're over-rated and don't perform as well as planned. Get some regular shocks and that's it. You'll thank yourself for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts