Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the car started and now a new problem. When I drive the car will lose gas and choke spit and sputter almost cut off and then WHAM it starts going again and will yank you back in the seat. Only does that every now and then not all of the time. Then last night on the way home I go around a turn and car cuts off. I get it started but it want idle so I have to keep RPM up around 1,500 rpm to stay running. I was one block from home so we just coasted into the garage. Now this morning starts just fine and idle is fine.
I think it's my fuel pump but I really have no idea.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Throwing any codes ?

Does sound like a fuel supply problem. Fuel filter OK ? Any recent fillups/fuel adds ?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's throwing a MAF code. I changed the fuel filter/Maf/Air filter and still does it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to check the water gage and look for a hose off somewhere. I will post back what I find.

·
Registered
Nada
2,053 Posts
What's really weird is that I am having this exact same problem the past day or two. My first thought was vacuum hose and checked all those last night. None seem to be an issue. Just started it up earlier this evening and it was running just fine. This monster's gotta mind of its own I tell ya.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drove my all day and no problem. Come home and take wife to the store and it did it again, so I told my wife that it's here fault! I can't find anything wrong with the car so it seems like the thing to do.

·
Registered
09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06
1,918 Posts
yeah i had mine do the shut off when driving or surge really bad before, but you saw my other post that is the main issue let me know if you find any thing and i will do the same!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Were is the crank sensor? I'll replace that as well and see if that works. I had someone else tell me that as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts