Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having some trouble getting my front seats out and wonder if anybody knows of a walk through it ive got all the bolts out but when i go to pull up on the drivers side seat it feels like one is still attached or hidden, i looked and see a stud but see no way of getting to the nut that looks like it sits under the car. if anybody has a walk through or knows how to pull these ****ers out that be great!!!

·
Registered
1970 Deville Convertible
309 Posts
Don't know about the '71, but my '70 DeVille has 8 bolts that hold the front seat down (bench seat), two bolts on each corner. Lift up the carpet and look real good. And before lifting the front seat out, be sure you disconnect the electrical connections for the power seat. Be easy on the connections, they are 44 years old. Also, be sure to raise the seat all the way up, that will make it easier to get to the bolts.

To get the back seat cushion (bottom part) out, push straight back on each side, then lift up. Each side has a "hook" attached to the floor pan. By pushing it back just a bit, it clears the hook, then you can lift it up and remove it. The seat back is bolted at the bottom (one bolt on each side) and 3 hooks at the top. Once unbolted, push the top back a bit, itwill clear the hooks then lift up and out.

That's how it is for my '70 deville.

chris.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks the back works but my front is a split style and it seems like it is setup a lil different but thanks for your info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts