Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 cadillac sts
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just to let you know, the fuel injectors are clean, the throttle body is clean, I use good gas, and its not missfiring. It has 58,000 babied miles on it.(off coarse I get on it now and then, I do have an intake and exhaust on it after all :). It has never done it before. I turn it on, and after its warmed up at idle it just goes up and down, up and down. Like a looping effect. You could see it in the tach too. Its very slight , but seems to be getting worse. A freind of mine said it needs an idle re-learn. What say all of you.......any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,112 Posts
You have a vacuum leak. It is most likely from a ripped plenum (rubber coupler between the TB & intake manifold). Do a search for plenum and you'll find much info and pics by Submariner409.

·
Registered
2001 cadillac sts
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to respond Ranger. I had initially ruled out a vacuum leak because I pumped the brakes and nothing changed. But that is an old trick that may not be so accurate. I will search plenum as you recommended. Thanks again...

·
Registered
2001 cadillac sts
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welll, that did it...it was the plenum, had a tear in it...I did the job the other day...thanks to SUB. and everyone who opined...car is good as new. Not to mention when I had it apart, I cleaned the throttle body and intake...car runs strong, idles smooth as silk, changed the pcv valve too....:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts