Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
To be completely honest, I dont know...... I know its valvoline, and i think its 5w30 or 10w30...... Beyond that, I cant tell you.... We have been going to the same independent shop for over 25 years (or at least my parents have), and they just put in the oil.......

·
Registered
1994 STS - pearl white
140 Posts
Evildenny said:
I heard form a friend of mine that after the test drive that I should take off the oil cap, Too see if any steam or smoke comes out and too look on the oil cap for a white substance. Is that true?
That's good advice. When coolant mixes into the engine oil, it emulsifies & looks like a chocolate milkshake. If you see that, put the cap back on, thank the seller for his/her time, walk away and don't go back. Check the dipstick, too.

Expensive problems looking for a sucker...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Everybody for the help now im looking into the Seville and seeing if I like that im just seeing which car I like the best. We will see tomorow when I go for a test drive. Is there anything I should know about the seville

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Sevilles/eldorados/devilles/ are all the same when it comes to looking for things..... These are things that you should look at EVERY used car before consideration of purchase......

But, as far as seville specific, there really isnt much, just make sure there isnt a MIL (malfunction indicator light), and you may just go and pull the codes..... really easy......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I Testdrove a 96 seville today it was great im in love LOL I saw a 98 and now I want one of those instead of the 96 lol what do you think looks better the 96 or the 98

21 - 27 of 27 Posts