Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
None
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this board for some time now I felt it necessary to participate if only to clear up misconceptions and improper "opinions" as to what GM is and is not responsible for as well as being of some assistance in helping anyone experiencing issues that none of the "internet technicians" can resolve.

Please feel free to contact me either via thread or P.M. and I'll do my best to answer any and all questions.
I have over 10yrs experience with the brand as well as being very well versed in GM policy and procedure.

CadAdvisor

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
Thank you for your readiness to offer advises. However, it would be nice if you could introduce yourself first.
Who do you work for? What cars do you own? What makes you an "expert" on all GM related topics?

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
None
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mofex....

For all obvious reasons I'd rather not reveal what dealership I currently work for.
As for what cars I own, while I am not a Cadillac owner for the better part of 30 years all I have ever driven have been GM vehicles.
While I don't recall myself claiming to be an "expert" considering I work with Cadillac vehicles 14hrs a day 6 days a week I would say
I'm more than fairly knowledgeable on the product.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS4
394 Posts
I can assure you there are no misconceptions or improper "opinions" here other than the CTS is a poopy car and GM is a poopy company to deal with :).

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,453 Posts
I can assure you there are no misconceptions or improper "opinions" here other than the CTS is a poopy car and GM is a poopy company to deal with :).
In your humble opinion. Not necessarily the opinion of all the other folks here.

To our OP, CadAdvisor: You state you work for a (GM?) Dealership, correct? And you have for how long? Not flaming you, but just driving a GM product for X number of years does not make you an expert. I've been driving for about 50 years, and that does not make me an expert driver.

You need to establish some "street cred" and not just claim that you are an expert. I do not mean any offense, but just to come on a site with 5 posts and say you are an expert doesn't lend to any credibility.

·
Registered
None
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I can not deny the CTS certainly has it's "issues" to an extent I'd have to agree! :cool:
As for my stated "misconceptions & opinions" comment, that's based more in some of the comments I have read throughout the board.
While in theory, as a consumer myself, I can't disagree with the thinking involved there is however a VAST difference between thoughts/beliefs and GM's reality.

For better or worse it is what it is.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,453 Posts
I am not attacking. I am just considering the facts. This is the internet, and everyone is automatically a self proclaimed expert in whatever they say. I mean this with all due respect, I do not mean to bust the OP's chops. However, to introduce oneself as a self proclaimed expert without any facts just makes me question the individual. As I stated earlier, I am not flaming or trying to be disrespectful, just skeptical. Just looking for the individuals credentials.

I absolutely welcome more opinions and help. Personally, I don't know a whole lot about these cars and I need help, too. I welcome the opportunity to learn more.

·
Registered
None
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not attacking. I am just considering the facts. This is the internet, and everyone is automatically a self proclaimed expert in whatever they say. I mean this with all due respect, I do not mean to bust the OP's chops. However, to introduce oneself as a self proclaimed expert without any facts just makes me question the individual. As I stated earlier, I am not flaming or trying to be disrespectful, just skeptical. Just looking for the individuals credentials.

I absolutely welcome more opinions and help. Personally, I don't know a whole lot about these cars and I need help, too. I welcome the opportunity to learn more.
No offense taken.

I'm well aware internet "experts" exist and funny enough I deal with them on a daily basis.
If we fixed every car as per the internet technicians.....well, that's another story entirely.
What's the old gag, if it's on the internet it must be true??

Hopefully I can reverse your skepticism as we go.

·
Registered
2018 Audi SQ5
369 Posts
I wish you were around when I had my '08 CTS4. Worst POS I ever owned. ALWAYS something wrong with that car.

Anyway, let's give the guy a break - it would be welcome if there was a real expert here versus the "my blose system is so rad" nitwits that seem to come and go.

So question - I MIGHT consider an ATS in the future AFTER GM works out the problems - anything you're seeing yet that needs to be watched out for by potential owners?

·
Registered
None
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish you were around when I had my '08 CTS4. Worst POS I ever owned. ALWAYS something wrong with that car.

Anyway, let's give the guy a break - it would be welcome if there was a real expert here versus the "my blose system is so rad" nitwits that seem to come and go.

So question - I MIGHT consider an ATS in the future AFTER GM works out the problems - anything you're seeing yet that needs to be watched out for by potential owners?
I haven't experienced any "problems" with the ATS other than user error or being unfamiliar with the Cue etc technology.
It's a fun drive for what it is and appears far less problematic than one would expect from a new model.

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
CadAdvisor,

So in your experience what would you say are common problems with an 09 CTS4? I have not experienced any and the car only has 33,000 miles on it and am thinking of not buying an extended warranty when the factory warranty expires in February? Thoughts?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,110 Posts
Please be careful with advice and PM contacts. CF already has a Cadillac Customer Service forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts