Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello. I just registered, but I doubt that I'll become very involved as I am allready way too involved on other car-boards. I am an automotive journalist, former car-salesman and former/former student. I have written many articles for major auto magazines, was the winner of the "Golden Quill Award" for outstanding automotive journalism, and sold Imperial, Chrysler, Dodge & Plymouth for 26 years. I am 56 years old, and hail from New Jersey, USA.
I own an outstanding, one-of-one Cadillac, that goes to shows, and brings home trophies. She's a 1993 Sixty~Special. She is in a color of which Cadillac only made 59 units. It was called "Deep Plum Metallic" and is actually the color of eggplant, a midnight purple. The two things that make it ULTRA unique are that it's one of the last 350 Sixty Specials ever to be made, it has 9,467 miles on it, as I drive it only 900 miles a year. The condition is flawless concours pristine. What really makes it a one of one is that with that color you were limited to balck, grey, neutral, saddle or taupe interior. Mine was specially made with WHITE leather (What a contrast! ~ Midnight Purple & White). Now, the white leather had to come with either Garnet Red accents or Medium Blue accents (rugs, dash, pkg. shelf, rear hat shelf) ~ but neither red nor blue would look good with the paint color. My car has black accents! It was a special order, build under 3 special codes.
I love Cadillacs, Lincolns and Imperials of the 1950s all the way to the present (Okay, Imperials to 1993.)
I better shut up now! :canttalk:
" Sandy "

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Hey Sandy - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Well, I must admit I've never even heard of that color - I hope you have some high res photos to add to our picture section. She sounds perfect!

At CadillacForums we are trying to strike a good balance between Community and resource for information - we want this to be *the* place to hang out and discuss Cadillacs, or just hang out. I hope we can get you more involved than you think you will - it sounds as if you have a lot of knowledge and experience to share with us.

Thanks for registering and enjoy the Board.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Sadly, I have no digital camera, nor scanner. I do have some excellent photos, but I'd have to make copies of them & send them to someone to post for me, and hopefully send me to me.

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
You finally joined!

Sandy is the most knowledgable person out there when it comes to the Sixty Special. If you wanna know production numbers, he's the one to ask! :worship:

I scanned some pics of your car. You can save them, link to them, or repost them in the photo gallery. Click here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts