Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i was just wondering if any is riding on 26's without the big brake upgrade. how is your ride? did it stop well, and can you tell a difference? and how soon does your brakes wear down? because i will put eradaspeed plus 1 upgrade on mine with my 26. also does anyone know if many people out there ride on stock on 26?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and is it really dangerous to ride on stock with 26's like the rims shops say they are? thanks.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
Anything larger than 24" should have the brake upgrade done. The truck will not stop as fast and you will go through brakes real fast if you don't upgrade. The wheels are to heavy. If you are getting 26" definitely get the brakes.

·
Registered
2003 DENALI bagged on 26's.. 2008 GS350 murdered
190 Posts
you will definately need brakes, and will notice a considerable difference in stopping distance. However you can ride on the stock ones for a little bit. I rode about 6 months daily and they just started showing more serious signs of wear. Time for a B.B.K.!!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Brakes aren't the only components that should be upgraded in this scenario. The steering and suspension components are also under significantly increased loads. This has been addressed many times by the factory engineers in bulletins and articles. The OEM strongly warns against this kind of thing and claims it to be down-right dangerous in many cases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts