Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New server looks to be working great! Jesda got my LS400 so I decided to help him drive back from Tampa to STL and we made a cross country trip out of it, we'll post pictures a little later!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Haha, nope! Only the Minnesota members can give Jesda a Baconator.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, this turns out pro-Cadillac in a strange kinda way. With a reliable DD in the stable, Jes can finally get the Seville hes been nutting over for ages and any other Caddies he wants.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
A Lexus? I'll be the first to say it, that's about the last car I ever expected to see you in, but congrats on the purchase, you couldn't have bought a more reliable vehicle. After those videos you posted while driving it down in Florida, I figured you would go another direction.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Jesda needs vanity plates for the LS400 that read LESUX.

D

·
0 Posts
Jesda needs vanity plates for the LS400 that read LESUX.
If you frequent the Mercedes forums you would see that many Mercedes owners make the switch to Lexus but they get bashed for it by the Mercedes faithful. The Lexus has a real Toyota feel that is both good and bad, depending how you like Toyota's but guys with W140's do often consider them the next best thing. Some would trade the Mercedes prestige for the better reliability of a Lexus. I've considered an LS430 Lexus cause it reminds me of the W140 styling. When I'm in the market for a proper 4 door luxury car again the Lexus is on my list. Unfortunately the newer Cadillacs and Lincolns do nothing for me. :annoyed:

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
The LS love is growing.

I still can't stand any of the post-2000 Lexuses, though the latest LS460 is pretty easy on the eyes.

This has been, so far, the most comfortable long-distance drive EVER. I went from NC to OK without sleep and felt completely comfortable and fully refreshed. Even as a sleeper in the passenger seat, it was comfortable and roomy enough to roll over and lay on my side.

The 2006 DTS I rented earlier this year tops the LS400 in style and handling and matches it in interior quality, but thats a six year newer car. The N* makes more enjoyable sounds but has less power. I'd say the DTS is also a bit quieter at high speeds, especially at 100mph.

Fuel economy is no comparison. We got 27mpg in the Lexus.

So yeah, like Ian said, I'm now free to get a Seville STS, as I've been wanting for about eight years now, because if the head gaskets blow I have something dependable to fall back on. :)

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I was looking at the 98-00 LS400s too, but I couldn't find one in my price/mileage range. The cheapest one I found was $14,900, and it had 115k on it.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The LS love is growing.

I still can't stand any of the post-2000 Lexuses, though the latest LS460 is pretty easy on the eyes.

This has been, so far, the most comfortable long-distance drive EVER. I went from NC to OK without sleep and felt completely comfortable and fully refreshed. Even as a sleeper in the passenger seat, it was comfortable and roomy enough to roll over and lay on my side.

The 2006 DTS I rented earlier this year tops the LS400 in style and handling and matches it in interior quality, but thats a six year newer car. The N* makes more enjoyable sounds but has less power. I'd say the DTS is also a bit quieter at high speeds, especially at 100mph.

Fuel economy is no comparison. We got 27mpg in the Lexus.

So yeah, like Ian said, I'm now free to get a Seville STS, as I've been wanting for about eight years now, because if the head gaskets blow I have something dependable to fall back on. :)
And *MY GOD* the Nakamichi sound system is just incredible, it is a frieken revelation in sound. I had never pushed it as loud as Jesda did cause Im scared to break stuff... but it actually gets better the LOUDER it goes!

I was sold on the Bose 4.0 on the Seville as being the best I had ever heard, but the LS unit definitely tops it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts