Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a (new to me) 04 CTS-V owner in Topeka, KS.

This is my 2nd Caddy I have owned with the first being '06 STS-V. I picked up the V and thought I better hop on this site so I can ask some questions and maybe anwer a few myself when the time comes up. Owned several hot rods before but nothing rides better.

The only mods on this car are:

Magnaflow Exhaust
Volant CAI

I will post pics as soon as the roads dry from the snow melt and I take a few:ill:

Any other V owners in NE KS on here?

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, 6-spd Manual
8,225 Posts
Fun ride!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
Greetings and salutations.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roads finally dried up so I shot a few pics today after the car got a good bubble bath. Parked in the handicapped stall for dramatic effect:cookoo:

I guess I can't post pics without 5 posts

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Looks great! May I ask what led you to go from the STS to the CTS?

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The STS was an extremely nice car but I missed the manual transmission. I sold the STS to get a nice low mileage '03 Cobra that ended up getting modded to the extreme before selling it. I missed the ride of the Cadillac so I ended up going with the CTS so I could get all the perks and a stick.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Along with the slushbox, the Northstar would have led me the CTS-V in a big hurry!

LOL

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Along with the slushbox, the Northstar would have led me the CTS-V in a big hurry!

LOL
Hmm. I suppose if you have to have the straight-shift it's no comparison. For me I love a smooth boulevard cruiser, and would ironically choose the STS as the "sensible" alternative to an E55.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If the stick wasn't a priority, I would have definitely got the STS again. It was a little bigger(i'm 6'2" 235) and it seemed like the interior was a little nicer. It rode like a dream and was a perfect commuting car. Here are the pics of that car:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Hmm. I suppose if you have to have the straight-shift it's no comparison. For me I love a smooth boulevard cruiser, and would ironically choose the STS as the "sensible" alternative to an E55.
What can I say, I like pushrods.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts