Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I dont own a caddilac, But I do own a 4.9 pfi from one. It will be transplanted into my 86 fiero. I have come here to learn all about the 4.9. All I can tell you about the engine is that it has a double wire oxygen sensor, so that would make it an obd 2 computer system right????? Making it a 95?????? not sure how caddy runs things, thats why im here.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Welcome to the Asylum. One of my friends used to own a Fiero. They were a blast to drive!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Welcome aboard,
First of all, if you're gonna hang out here, there's some etiquette issues I have to "learn" you. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, here's the deal.
First, Cadillac is the proper spelling, not "caddilac". And ALWAYS remember the CAPITAL "C".
OK, now that we have THAT covered.........;)
You may not know much about Cadillacs but, you sure know a good engine when you see it. that's because the 4.9 is arguably the best Cadillac engine ever built. The O2 sensor being 2-wire means nothing as far as it being OBDI or OBDII. I'd have to look it up but I think the 4.9 was actually gone before Cadillac used actual OBDII software. The later 4.9 system was basically an OBDII system but I think it still used the OBDI hook-up. Not that it matters to you. In your custom application, the engine will be managed by whatever engine management system you want OBDI or OBDII.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
W E L C O M E
To The Cadillac Forums! You will have one of the fastest Farteros around with that 4.9 behind your seat :D They are Great engines. Enjoy the site and again Welcome! :spin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts