Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I bought a 2008 SRX 3.6 a few months ago, I never imagined having a Cadillac, but it was an opportunity to take advantage of it, I'm really satisfied, it's super comfortable, it's very well maintained and it runs great, it has all the luxuries and accessories at the factory: Sports kit, 20" wheels, AWD, rear entertainment system, GPS screen, etc. I leave some photos.
I join the community to learn more about my car and solve some details it has. We'll see you in some forums.
Greetings.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,711 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:

Please update your profile to show car(s) driven, approximate location, time zone, etc.. It sure helps with advice and diagnosis. Make your login banner look like those of other members.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,615 Posts
Welcome! First thing you need to know about the 3.6 engine is that it uses oil - not in the sense of rings and blue smoke type of thing, but it goes through oil, and so you need to check it at least once a week, keep it at the recommended level, use the proper type of oil, change the oil at 4-5000 miles. Lack of sufficient oil has led to timing chain issues. If the chain goes, so does the engine. Also change out all fluids with the proper type if not already done so...trans, rad coolant, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts