Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
ht4100
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, i'm new of this forum :)
My name is Olivier Leboutte, i from Belgium in Liège (in europe).
Currently, i have this ''HT4100'' (from Cadillac sedan Deville 1983) I don't have the car because it had no papers, I just recovered the engine because i like mechanic :)
Since long time I like old American cars from the 1940 to 1990.
I registered on the forum because I have some problems with the engine. Because in Europe there is nothing on the old American cars and french documents is even worse i believe that nothing exists and I thought that here it will get better :)
I would like to have a good technical review for this engine, what do you recommend ? I have already '' Haynes cadillac rear wheel drive models' 'and' 'chilton cadillac'' but i think it are not completed
Thank you a lot for your answer and help me.
(Sorry if i don't speak a very good english, my first language is french )
Have a good day ! :D

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,289 Posts
Hello everybody, i'm new of this forum :)
My name is Olivier Leboutte, i from Belgium in Liège (in europe).
Currently, i have this ''HT4100'' (from Cadillac sedan Deville 1983) I don't have the car because it had no papers, I just recovered the engine because i like mechanic :)
Since long time I like old American cars from the 1940 to 1990.
I registered on the forum because I have some problems with the engine. Because in Europe there is nothing on the old American cars and french documents is even worse i believe that nothing exists and I thought that here it will get better :)
I would like to have a good technical review for this engine, what do you recommend ? I have already '' Haynes cadillac rear wheel drive models' 'and' 'chilton cadillac'' but i think it are not completed
Thank you a lot for your answer and help me.
Have a good day ! :D
==============================
your English is BETTER than a lot of 18 year old Americans -

---------------------

I would like to have a good technical review for this engine,
what do you recommend ?
unfortunately - the HT4100 motor was the WORST motor Cadillac ever produced -
it had no power - and failed very often -

there is a forum dedicated to the HT4100 motor - here -
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/ht4100-4-1-4-5-4/

------------------

I have already '' Haynes cadillac rear wheel drive models'
'and' 'chilton cadillac'' but i think it are not completed
both the Haynes and Chiltons manuals are simply too generic to be of much help -
other than the most basic tasks -

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts

·
Registered
ht4100
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank a lot for your awnser :D
I know the ht4100 it's a bad engine :/... but when I saw the advert on the internet, I didn't know this engine, it was only after I knew it was bad :p
Thank too for this awnser :''your English is BETTER than a lot of 18 year old Americans - '' I do my best to speak English correctly :)
Also, I wonder if the USA/Canada, it is possible to drive every day old American ?, Because in Belgium, if I convert the gas caught Dollars/Gallon, it gives: $ 5.802 :'( (It's a normal price, sometimes it's much more expensive)
Thank you to you :)

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
Thank a lot for your awnser :D
I know the ht4100 it's a bad engine :/... but when I saw the advert on the internet, I didn't know this engine, it was only after I knew it was bad :p
Thank too for this awnser :''your English is BETTER than a lot of 18 year old Americans - '' I do my best to speak English correctly :)
Also, I wonder if the USA/Canada, it is possible to drive every day old American ?, Because in Belgium, if I convert the gas caught Dollars/Gallon, it gives: $ 5.802 :'( (It's a normal price, sometimes it's much more expensive)
Thank you to you :)
Yes,in America, some of us drive old American cars everyday. Where I live, regular gas is 2.80 dollars/ gallon. Premium gas is about 3.30 dollars/ gallon.

·
Registered
05 STS AWD 1SG
489 Posts
Velvet Oliver is a screen name. If you were trying to decipher a prepositional clause or something its a dead end.
Oh, I see! All the years I've been apart of this forum, I've never been called that. I kind of like it! So thanks for the welcome back....

Wait! I just went back a page and saw that there's an ACTUAL contributor named Velvet Oliver!!! It looked like a reply directly to me....Sorry Guys and Ladies. 

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,518 Posts
maiahsdad, Your two posts concerning purchase and problems with a 2005 STS have been moved to the STS forum - next to Seville, Deville, and DTS.

If YOU want to start your own thread instead of hijacking an old one, click "Post New Thread" on the main page of any forum.

If something you see in a thread looks out of place or is questionable in its info, go back through the entire thread to put it all in context.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts