Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone it's great to be part of this awesome site. I am a proud owner of a mint 95 STS. Recently I dropped a new Northstar into my ride and have had the car repainted (original diamond white). Both were not my choice but the paint was vandalized so that's the story there. The engine, well due to a discovered problem, which included a crack to the block this, was the only resolution. The car itself was and is pristine especially now. Up until recently I also had a pristine 1990 Eldorado Touring Coupe, which was unfortunately a write off thanks to a complete idiot of a driver who ran a red light. I used to be and am somewhat of a Camaro enthusiast still. In fact I also own a mint 1989 Camaro RS, which both inside and outside including under the hood resembles a car on a showroom floor. Anyway it's great to be a part of this group and I look forward to supporting this site.

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Hey Jeff - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Sounds like the STS should be good as new now. How does it compare to the ETC BTW? And that Camaro doesn't sound too shabby either... :D

Thanks for registering! :welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question, in many ways there are no direct similarities. The Eldorado was a 4.5 and not a Northstar. I was preparing to replace that engine with a new one, as very few shops would touch that block. It was very responsive but it actually had one cylinder with half the compression it should have. The Northstar is much smoother in comparison. The exhaust setup was also completely different and also was audibly noticeable in comparison as well. I much prefer the interior including the trim on the STS too. I will say though that the suspension was different but was very tight and comfortable as would be expected for a Cadillac. The handling in the area of cornering was very responsive in the Eldorado. To compare the handling of the STS is similar but different in the fact that the car is a bit heavier and feels that way. After driving the Eldorado for several years I'm actually still getting acclimated to the STS handling which is very good yet different. In the five years between these two different models there were some great improvements GM applied both in finishing and technical improvements. I'll be posting some photos soon of the STS, the previous Edlorado Touring Coupe and will include the Camaro with the Edlorado as well. I keep the Camaro covered and usually bring it out for a few months in the spring and summer. This spring in the tradition of my car photos I will get some pics of the STS and Camaro together as well. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up....

Sounds like you have a real gem with a new paint job and a new engine!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Wes I appreciate your welcome. I believe I do have another gem on my hands and am thrilled to remain a Cadillac owner regardless of almost being taken out in my previous one.
elwesso said:
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up....

Sounds like you have a real gem with a new paint job and a new engine!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Fritzi it's great to be a part of this forum. Not to sound redundant but I have to say for the record it's wicked to see a woman who appreciates a ride like the one you have. Very nice car but you already know that. I was considering a Deville before I went to the Seville STS.

Fritzi said:
Welcome!:welcome:

·
Registered
383 Posts
why thank you - you know the deville makes me feel real pimp...:) any cadillac is a good choice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts