Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2001 ESC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2001 Eldorado ECS. Cashmere ext. cream color inside. 127000 on the odm. Inside is real nice. Paint is in good shape. My mom backed into the truck and dented the trunk around the license plate holder. I think I can pop it out tho. Watched some vids on how to do that. Other than that she's in great shape now. What caddy do you have?

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,322 Posts
Please read my post again - it's all there (and here), with a picture (click to enlarge).

"ECS" is the last of the 2002 Eldorado Collector Series.

"ESC" is the Eldorado Sport Coupe - a 275 hp 3.11 final drive Northstar car. Speed limited to 112 mph - as per the tire speed rating on the driver's door sticker.

·
2001 ESC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really nice color. Looks brand new. I find myself making excuses to just drive mine now. I going to try and take a pic of it and post it on my profile if I can.

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,322 Posts
Let me give you some homework - read every sticky (push-pin icon) thread in Eldorado/Seville and Engines; Northstar. Study all of this link - by a CF member who was a GM/Cadillac Northstar Systems powertrain engineer.

Correct oil level is in the middle 3 Xs on the dipstick - not at the top. GM TSB on this in the Engines; Northstar stickies - read the titles.

Now, all repair/maintenance advice goes in the Eldorado and Northstar forums.

·
2001 ESC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh man that is a sweet ride!!

Thanks
I really like her. Yes there is lots of information here. I did the WOT exercise yesterday. I didn't see any smoke come out but when I got home I could smell a difference at the exhaust. I tried to see your ride but not familiar with this site. Thanks and great to be here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
JF316