Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Current Modifications:
ZZP intake
ZZP throttle body
ZZP strut tower brace
Ebay Carbon Fiber lip
LED Reverse light
LED License
Carbon Fiber interior trim wrapped

Future Modifications
-
ZZP Catted Down pipe
Paint/powder coated brake calipers
Tune
BO Speed carbon fiber steering wheel
Eibach Lowering Springs

Previously
699C0EA3-5E58-40B1-8476-2D54BBAA3CF1.jpeg

Painted Rally Green Metallic

A0DCCAC7-8BC8-47B3-9393-6469897A1406.jpeg
070BA495-77FA-47C2-99B9-4E36269DFF71.jpeg

Started Carbon Fiber Skinning interior pieces
02C7DAD2-3053-4BB0-9705-57FAEB03D465.jpeg
7E1A1602-61A1-400A-878A-8860950A328D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice ATS! Coupes have really grown on me!
Appreciate the kind words. Coupes are little more challenging to modify on this platform but I’m enjoying trying to put the vision together.

·
Registered
2017 ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Luxury Coupe
57 Posts
Hello everyone,
Current Modifications:
ZZP intake
ZZP throttle body
ZZP strut tower brace
Ebay Carbon Fiber lip
LED Reverse light
LED License
Carbon Fiber interior trim wrapped

Future Modifications
-
ZZP Catted Down pipe
Paint/powder coated brake calipers
Tune
BO Speed carbon fiber steering wheel
Eibach Lowering Springs

Previously
View attachment 588013
Painted Rally Green Metallic

View attachment 588011 View attachment 588012
Started Carbon Fiber Skinning interior pieces
View attachment 588014 View attachment 588015

GOT DAMN that green is sleek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
12,082 Posts
+1 on the green.
Looks terrific (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The green is a great color on this car, very nice. Was the factory paint bad or did you just decide to repaint the car to change things up?
I just wanted something different. I was between the metallic bronze on the pedestal cts-v and that color. I used your car from ig as inspiration to give me an idea of how to work the color theme.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
922 Posts
I just wanted something different. I was between the metallic bronze on the pedestal cts-v and that color. I used your car from ig as inspiration to give me an idea of how to work the color theme.
oh wow haha, cool! Honored to play a role in this sweet looking car.

It is interesting how green is making a comeback. I feel like it was super popular in the late 90's and early 2000's, then it kind of disappeared for a bit. I would have chosen this over the Pedestal Edition brown as well.

·
Premium Member
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well you picked and won!
I appreciate that. I’m thinking or trying to do black chrome instead of blacking out the chrome with gloss black. That’s the next gamble.

oh wow haha, cool! Honored to play a role in this sweet looking car.

It is interesting how green is making a comeback. I feel like it was super popular in the late 90's and early 2000's, then it kind of disappeared for a bit. I would have chosen this over the Pedestal Edition brown as well.
Yea man. I remember telling you about how your accord was one of the best on 6thgen. It was def one of my saved threads as is the caddy.
Green def is the rise. The green looks black from a distance depending on the sunlight. The previous blue had a similar effect so I kinda wanted to pick something that was different yet not extremely.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
922 Posts
Yea man. I remember telling you about how your accord was one of the best on 6thgen. It was def one of my saved threads as is the caddy.
Green def is the rise. The green looks black from a distance depending on the sunlight. The previous blue had a similar effect so I kinda wanted to pick something that was different yet not extremely.
DEP is back! Haha jk, your ATS green is much nicer. And shouldn't be plagued by DEP's infamous clearcoat issues. Speaking of which, the Accord's paint has gone downhill, sad to see and I hope someday I have some disposable income to restore it. But at least it still drives well. Anyway 6GA was great in its heyday, it's really died down. I still use it, and this forum, because I prefer this format over Facebook groups.

I am following your ATS as well. Wish we could get pics of our cars together, would be epic. :)

Post more daytime pics!

·
Premium Member
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DEP is back! Haha jk, your ATS green is much nicer. And shouldn't be plagued by DEP's infamous clearcoat issues. Speaking of which, the Accord's paint has gone downhill, sad to see and I hope someday I have some disposable income to restore it. But at least it still drives well. Anyway 6GA was great in its heyday, it's really died down. I still use it, and this forum, because I prefer this format over Facebook groups.

I am following your ATS as well. Wish we could get pics of our cars together, would be epic. :)

Post more daytime pics!
It really was the forum I learned all I knew. More day pics coming for sure. I need to find better locations to do a shoot.

Looks fuckin great bro, love the coupe style and your color is schweet!! Drop it down and it will look even sexier.....
View attachment 588255
I was actually thinking of going to 19’s then lowering it on Eibach. Nothing to aggressive as I’m in a snow state. I def like the way yours looks.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS Coupe 3.6 Performance AWD
146 Posts
I appreciate that. I’m thinking or trying to do black chrome instead of blacking out the chrome with gloss black. That’s the next gamble.

You will want the black chrome. It's just the grill and rear bumper trim but it looks great on my '15 crystal tricoat 3.6 coupe with after midnight package. The window trim is black though, not black chrome so may want to try that to stand out even more.
I've added the subtle factory spoiler to my coupe since this photo was taken, I chickened out on the V version.

·
Premium Member
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That thing looks amazing. The white and black combo is always a win. Are the wheels black or a dark gunmetal?

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS Coupe 3.6 Performance AWD
146 Posts
Thank you kindly, the wheels are the gunmetal grey offered with Midnight Edition package. They look pretty dark until you notice the contrast from the black centre caps. I think almost every matte or gloss black wheel would look much better if it were dark grey instead. Black wheels end up making the car look like it's got snow tire steel rims on. :D

I have to say the paint colour you chose looks terrific, and matches Cadillac polo green paint once offered on the STS. Look how great it also looks here:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts