Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very strange problem with my heater. 2 days ago my heater worked awesome then the next day It started blowing cold air, but the strange thing is it blows WARM air from the drivers side vents and COLD air from the passenger side vents. Please help direct me on where to start looking :)

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,433 Posts
Start by pulling the DTC. You may find one or more for an actuator problem. Be sure to post the code definition along with the DTC.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,723 Posts
Susan, In the heat/air conditioning stack, in front of the radio and center console area, there are several air/heat blend doors and electromechanical motors that operate the doors. The actuators, motors, or control arms may break/fail.

Go up to the top of this Forums page and open the sticky thread "How to pull codes". Your car has a built in system which reads and stores fault codes for just about any problem in the engine, transmission, body, brakes, air conditioning, suspension, you name it. Read, study and practice the code pulling instructions - it's all done n the driveway. Use a paper pad and write down any codes found, whether they are Current or History, then go back to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the address. That will take you to a Master Index of code definitions for P, B, C, and U codes. (Powertrain, Body, Chassis, U = voltage and data communication: all the modules in the car "talk" to each other)

Write them all down, definitions included, and c'mon Back !!!

BTW............Welcome Aboard !!!!!!........:welcome::welcome:

(Now, go up in the black bar and read the entire Cadillac Technical Archive. Then go down to Discussions, Item Specific, Cadillac Technical Tips: those 9 pages of threads have a wealth of information - Pour a good bourbon and water.............)

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well!!! With those directions it does not look like I will have heat anytime soon :crybaby: But I think I may just make it simple and go to the store and buy one of those red and white signs. I live in Michigna so I can drive it for about 5 more months then I am in trouble cause I hate the cold :yup:

Nope seriously I will pull the fault codes, but I do not see me reading the technical service manual as it propbably is not as entertaining as a good PAtricia Cornwell book. I will pull the codes and get back to you all

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,433 Posts
No need to read the good book unless you are doing the repair yourself (I suspect not), but at least we can arm you with information so that you know what you're talking about when you take it in for repair or have you're husband, boy friend or whoever, do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts