Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
05 cts
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 cts 3.6 sports edition and when I turn on the heater only the passengers side blow hot the diver side blow cold ant ideal on what it could?

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
=Javi= said:
I have a 2005 cts 3.6 sports edition and when I turn on the heater only the passengers side blow hot the diver side blow cold ant ideal on what it could?
Probably a plugged heater core. Do a search on heater core flush and follow the steps. It has worked for many members and it is a very cheap fix.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
Also check out the secondary water pump. From what I hear it's near the firewall where the heater core hoses go into. Someone had flushed and flushed their heater core only to have a shop find the pump unplugged. I haven't checked myself, so I don't know exactly where it is at.

KOT

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Also check out the secondary water pump. From what I hear it's near the firewall where the heater core hoses go into. Someone had flushed and flushed their heater core only to have a shop find the pump unplugged. I haven't checked myself, so I don't know exactly where it is at.

KOT
i honestly dont see a secondary pump...i followed the hoses.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
wait...my CTS is air cooled....thats how fast it is.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,337 Posts
i was looking the other morning and i think its in the same area as the bracket for the ecm

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Ill take another look on friday.
I still have heat coming out but its about 50% of what the passenger side is. Much better than last year, and ide rather spend the grand on something else and just wear a jacket lol

·
Banned
2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v
306 Posts
the secondary pump, is attached or is at the same place as that big metal bracket coming off the passenger side valve cover.. you cant just see it by looking there, you have to move wirring and stuff but its there. one of the heater core hoses goes to it. small small electric pump. called the afterboil pump. my car is an 03, so im not sure if it was continued passed my year?

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
ghettomike said:
Ill take another look on friday.
I still have heat coming out but its about 50% of what the passenger side is. Much better than last year, and ide rather spend the grand on something else and just wear a jacket lol
Turn the heat on the passenger side down to half, then it will be the same as the driver side lol. It will make ya feel better.....

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
the secondary pump, is attached or is at the same place as that big metal bracket coming off the passenger side valve cover.. you cant just see it by looking there, you have to move wirring and stuff but its there. one of the heater core hoses goes to it. small small electric pump. called the afterboil pump. my car is an 03, so im not sure if it was continued passed my year?
Mind posting a picture with an arrow pointing to the general area?

KOT

·
Banned
2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v
306 Posts
i looked at it today, its a small electric pump hooked directly to one of the heater core hoses, and its attached to the bottom area of the ecu bracket on the passenger side of the engine.. right under the big fat wirring bundle that runs right there. the plug on it has a metal wire clip thats different that most the other clips.

----------

heres a picture of it on my car, i lightened the picture alot, with the contrast you can see the pump shape pretty well

·
Registered
05 cts
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i could not find it and well im in arzinoa and only have like 2-3 months of cold so have not really done much about it i just turn on the seat warms

1 - 16 of 16 Posts