Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause my heater arrow button to not work on the drivers side (it’s blowing and stuck on 60!) Yet on the passenger side it’s blowing at 80 degrees and higher OR lower.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,450 Posts
What would cause my heater arrow button to not work on the drivers side (it’s blowing and stuck on 60!) Yet on the passenger side it’s blowing at 80 degrees and higher OR lower.
Welcome--

Did you spill something (coffee, soda, etc.) on it?
Any other strange happenings in the center stack area?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No however this past Summer one of my sunroof drain tubes came apart and the floor got really wet. I reconnected the tubes and all has been good. This just happened out of nowhere😔

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
No however this past Summer one of my sunroof drain tubes came apart and the floor got really wet. I reconnected the tubes and all has been good. This just happened out of nowhere😔
You may want to check the drains for proper flow; that could be the root cause of your center stack control malfunction. These drains are notorious for effing up the electronics in our cars.
Here's a thread for homework. Note: cleaning the drains is not enough. They need to be modified.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6
1 Posts
Something else to consider that goes hand in hand with the Ultraview sunroof drain fix (and doesn't seem to be mentioned much in the threads about the sunroof drains causing issues) is that there are 3 wiring harness junctions on the passenger side of the dash, accessible from the side of the dash you can only see with the passenger front door open. You'll see 3 connectors one above the other mounted in a hard plastic keeper. These connections (especially the top 2) are prone to corrode and rust from excess moisture and can cause all sorts of errors with the dash electronics and driveability - on my 2009 they caused a U0073, U0700 and P2544 fault codes to appear and crippled my car - limp mode, reduced engine power, service stabilitrak, etc.

Simply unplugging these 3 connectors, cleaning them with electrical contact cleaner, and reassembling (after, of course, modifying the sunroof drains to prevent a repeat episode), got me back in business.

While a bit extreme (the guy butchers his harness to fix the problem) there is an excellent video on youtube showing exactly what I'm talking about:

You might take a look at these connectors and check for rust or corrosion and clean/fix as needed. Mine weren't as bad as this, but the middle one was pretty bad on my car.

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Yes, cleaning up the aftermath is equally important here.
Great first post, 09CTSDad! 👍

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,249 Posts
Good info there!! Yea, kinda butchered it, but neatly butchered it. For those that think they may need to, they do sell replacement connectors and pins. There looks to be plenty of wiring to allow new connectors to be put on the harness in the event the original ones are too moisture damaged.

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
These panoramic roofs are awesome...when they function properly.
I have owned at least six GM sunroof-equipped vehicles since the '90's and have never heard of such epidemic level repercussions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts