Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new here and have a delima. I'm hoping to get some insight on what is wrong with my car before I take it to a mechanic.
Here are the sypmtoms: 91 Seville, no heat or little heat, defaults to defrost mode. Vacuum hoses have been replaced. The system defaults to defrost mode when temp on climate control is turned any higher than 71, any temp lower will shoot cold air out the vents. During the Summer the A/C was blowing the fuse under the hood. I have tried to cycle between the high and low temps to possibly fix it, not happening. Heater hoses are hot. Engine temp MAX is 184 in 32 degree weather.
Any clue what is wrong with my baby??
Thx :)
Patricia

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
balihai25 said:
Hi all,
I'm new here and have a delima. I'm hoping to get some insight on what is wrong with my car before I take it to a mechanic.
Here are the sypmtoms: 91 Seville, no heat or little heat, defaults to defrost mode. Vacuum hoses have been replaced. The system defaults to defrost mode when temp on climate control is turned any higher than 71, any temp lower will shoot cold air out the vents. During the Summer the A/C was blowing the fuse under the hood. I have tried to cycle between the high and low temps to possibly fix it, not happening. Heater hoses are hot. Engine temp MAX is 184 in 32 degree weather.
Any clue what is wrong with my baby??
Thx :)
Patricia
No clue on that one chief but try running diagnostic to see what comes up on that one
FYI if you don't know hit the off and the red temp button. hold in till something happens write everything down and report back ill try to help you but it might be past my knowledge

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
The heater core could be clogged, but it sounds more as if a mix door isnt working right....

The heater core always has coolant flowing through it full force, so a door seems more likely.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
elwesso said:
The heater core could be clogged, but it sounds more as if a mix door isnt working right....

The heater core always has coolant flowing through it full force, so a door seems more likely.....
If that's the case, how do I get the door to work? What about a back flush?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Do the procedure JJhomer mentioned..... A bad door will MOST TIMES will throw a code....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JJhomer83 said:
No clue on that one chief but try running diagnostic to see what comes up on that one
FYI if you don't know hit the off and the red temp button. hold in till something happens write everything down and report back ill try to help you but it might be past my knowledge
You want every single code it shoots out at me? I tried looking for a B440 code, but am not seeing it. I'll back with ya after I warm up in my house :)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Clear the codes and then drive around for a little.... then they will all be current, as the other ones may not matter.....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
balihai25 said:
You want every single code it shoots out at me? I tried looking for a B440 code, but am not seeing it. I'll back with ya after I warm up in my house :)
Yes!!!
it will help us help you.
after the codes have cycled it will display ECM? then hit the auto button to get out or turn off the ign.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JJhomer83 said:
Hi Josh,

Here are the codes:

Starts at NO ECM, BCM, SIR CODES

Codes as follows:

ED01-12, 19, 30-39, 70-72, 98 and 99.

BI01-09, 30, 51 and 55

II78, 79, 82, and 83

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Now interprit them by going to the CADILLAC HELPFUL LINKS in the lounge...... I think its the second link (look for OBDI codes)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
elwesso said:
Now interprit them by going to the CADILLAC HELPFUL LINKS in the lounge...... I think its the second link (look for OBDI codes)
From looking at those codes, my vehicle only seems to be diplaying ECM, BCM and SIR codes, no ACP Codes. Which I assume is where the code is I'm looking for. Let's assume it's the code for the valve door, what next then? Shoot the car?? LOL!! I have a love-hate relationship with her.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Hmmmmm....... Have you tried all the links on the HELPFUL CADDY LINKS thread in the lounge.....??

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Just re-analyzed it for you....... Replace the Tstat..... You say the engine temp never gets above 185??? You need a 200* Tstat in there..... I bet that helps you!

You wont need to check another cadillac site..... We'll get it fixed!!!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Now, if that doesnt fix it, then the heater core is gonna need replacing..... Someone here just recently replaced it on a deville, similar year..... its a really easy job, a definite DIY....... Then you should be roasting again!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
elwesso said:
Now, if that doesnt fix it, then the heater core is gonna need replacing..... Someone here just recently replaced it on a deville, similar year..... its a really easy job, a definite DIY....... Then you should be roasting again!!
Hey there,

Couldn't find a 200+, so I bought a 195. Still don't understand why any of this would make the defrost come on. I pulled all the codes like the other member said to and have not heard what they are for. I can't find them online or in the library. I pulled the codes from the BCM parameter.

I am going to do the therm tomorrow and back flush the system as well. I really hope it's not a bad heater core, that's about 6 hours and I would have to have a mechanic to do it. I can't take apart that big of a dash :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts