Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of trying to place a heater core on a '95 Caddy Deville (4.9L). I am stuck at the following point and could use some help.
I have removed the glove box, black sound cover below the glove box and the rod that connects to the air mix valve. I'm having trouble removing the wiring harness and also finding the screws that remove the heater core cover. In additon, do I need to remove the two 7mm screws that hold the programmer housing to the heater core cover?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum, but have found it to be exceptionally helpful. I just replaced my heater core as well ('95 caddy). I had already ordered a repair manual before i came across this site.So it gave me some pictorals to look at. I wish i'd found this forum first though. About your problem...There was a nut in the middle of the vacuum line assy. that i had to remove in order to remove the vacuum connector from the housing. the wiring harness was a little hesitant about coming off, but after squeezing the retaining clips and a careful, but firm pull, the wiring harness released.(Assuming you're referring to the ones just to the right of the housing.) If i remember correctly , i removed two 7mm screws to access the heater core. one screw is close to the blend-air door link rod. the other is near the bottom of the housing.Leave programmer attached to cover. The heater core came out rather easily . Good luck! P.S i disabled the passenger side SIR (airbag) before starting this project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
marv