Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Seville STS
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the dash has to be removed to replace the heater core in a 1996 Seville STS? Any tips/advice you can give for tackling this job by myself or is this better left for the dealer to handle? Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,543 Posts
I think it can all be done from under the dash. I am not sure if there is a tutorial in the Tech Tips section or not.

·
Registered
1996 Seville STS
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found two detailed posts one for a 94 SLS and one for a 96 Deville. I have only removed the under dash panel so far, but from the descriptions, sounds like this procedure will apply to my 96, hopefully. I am actually on a road trip and nursing this thing along, catching what is leaking and topping off the reservoir, what a mess!!! I've got about 600 miles to get her back home where I can start working on it. Keeping my fingers crossed that she makes it home

·
Registered
Seville STS
6 Posts
Found two detailed posts one for a 94 SLS and one for a 96 Deville. I have only removed the under dash panel so far, but from the descriptions, sounds like this procedure will apply to my 96, hopefully. I am actually on a road trip and nursing this thing along, catching what is leaking and topping off the reservoir, what a mess!!! I've got about 600 miles to get her back home where I can start working on it. Keeping my fingers crossed that she makes it home
Can you tell me where you found the Tech Tip Section... I'm new to the site and I also need to replace my heater core on my 97 sts...Help Please...
I looked under Tech. Advice but it is a very limited section, at least I think. Most likely I don't know how to navigate this site. Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,543 Posts
Go down to the bottom of this page where you see Cadillac Forum Jump. Click on the arrow to the right and then scroll down to the Tech Tips section in the drop down box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts