Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup guys, hope all well. I had a used engine put in my car about 3 months ago and everything is running good. They also replaced the a/c fan (my mind is blank, I cant remember what its called, but it’s the fan that blows the air in the vents). My problem is that when I turn the heat on, only the two driver side vents get hot air. The passenger side vents get cool air out the top and bottom. Luckily I haven’t had any passengers yet, but this would really be torture on someone and plus it would take forever to warm the cabin up. Please let me know if theres anything I can check or do. Thanks for your time and help

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Run the temp all the way up to 90 then back down to excercise the actuators. If that doesn't help, pull the glove box and hush panel on the drivers side and watch them as someone runs the heat up and down to be sure they are working. If that is OK, then try flushing the heater core.

·
Registered
96 Eldorado ETC
61 Posts
I have the same issue on my 96 ETC except the cold blows out on the drivers side. Did you find out the problem and if so what did it take to fix it. Thanks, Jon

Eldorado_RED said:
Wassup guys, hope all well. I had a used engine put in my car about 3 months ago and everything is running good. They also replaced the a/c fan (my mind is blank, I cant remember what its called, but it’s the fan that blows the air in the vents). My problem is that when I turn the heat on, only the two driver side vents get hot air. The passenger side vents get cool air out the top and bottom. Luckily I haven’t had any passengers yet, but this would really be torture on someone and plus it would take forever to warm the cabin up. Please let me know if theres anything I can check or do. Thanks for your time and help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guyz,
I have a 96 SLS that blows cold also on the passenger side.
Any findings yet on your side. I think it the outside air damper (for the appropiate side) is stuck open. Trying to get my hands on a service manual to verfy...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts