Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
*RIP* 2013 Cadillac XTS4 Platinum - Black Diamond TriCoat
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 13 XTS Platinum with the heated steering wheel... The last couple of times I have used the heated steering wheel, I have noticed a burning smell ( I swear I saw some smoke but maybe I was just seeing things) it's def the heated steering wheel because both times the smell came after about 30 min of use. Has anyone else had similar? Our last 2 Cadillacs (CTS and DTS) never had an issue like this...
I love the XTS but have had quite a few issues ( at least is still is covered under bumper to bumper!): driver seat speaker buzzing, center cup holder cover rattle, front strut defective, intermittent adaptive cruise malfunction that is never fully fixed but has been worked on a few times, CUE can become unresponsive intermittently, new rims as the inserts were scratching the finish. Don't get me wrong I love the car, but if I had bought new i would've traded it in for a CTS!

12,778 Posts
Have a 13 XTS Platinum with the heated steering wheel... The last couple of times I have used the heated steering wheel, I have noticed a burning smell ( I swear I saw some smoke but maybe I was just seeing things) it's def the heated steering wheel because both times the smell came after about 30 min of use. Has anyone else had similar? Our last 2 Cadillacs (CTS and DTS) never had an issue like this...
I love the XTS but have had quite a few issues ( at least is still is covered under bumper to bumper!): driver seat speaker buzzing, center cup holder cover rattle, front strut defective, intermittent adaptive cruise malfunction that is never fully fixed but has been worked on a few times, CUE can become unresponsive intermittently, new rims as the inserts were scratching the finish. Don't get me wrong I love the car, but if I had bought new i would've traded it in for a CTS!
Hello thae2541,

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced multiple concerns with your XTS and understand that you are seeking insight from other forum members regarding the heated steering wheel issue specifically. However, should you decide that you would like to visit your local Certified GM dealership to have this concern diagnosed we would be more than happy to reach out to them on your behalf. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Samantha N
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
*RIP* 2013 Cadillac XTS4 Platinum - Black Diamond TriCoat
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the car in and the dealer said no codes and they couldn't reproduce, but it's an issue... I guess it will just be a game- every long car trip is gonna buy me an appt with the dealer to have them look at it. Eventually they'll see it! It's kind of like my intermittent driver assist service warning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts