Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 CTS, 3.6, Luxury Sport (17"). Now that it is getting cold here in Chicagoland, I am using the heated leather seats. But even in the LO setting, they are too hot to keep on. Is there any way for the dealer to adjust the temperature of the heated seats?

·
Registered
292 Posts
My 03 is like that...I turn em on till im toasty then shut them off. Not sure if they are meant to be left on all the time.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
I've driven mine for 2 hours with it on "high" without a problem.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Jon said:
I've driven mine for 2 hours with it on "high" without a problem.
Same here, except I like the tingly burning sensation that I get. After a while it is almost like a heat massage. I will keep the cabin temperature cooler that way too and its really comfortable with the sunroof barely cracked for fresh air.

Nowadays it is getting closer to single digits at night in MI., so it takes some time to feel the heat through my long jacket.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
High to get the temp up quicker. Leaving it on turns my butt to bacon! Even the Lo is to hot for me. I tirn it off after about 10 minutes. I wish it had a reostat that went from zero to hi.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
collapsed said:
... and its really comfortable with the sunroof barely cracked for fresh air.
I guess thats for the smoke to escape, right? HAHAHA :histeric:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Seat heater is one function that does not "stick" in a CTS. In my Buick Regal GS the seat heaters were turned on by positive rocker switches that stayed on until they were physically turned off. It's too bad that the seat heaters are not part of the personalization selections.

·
Registered
38 Posts
HI is little too much for me to leave on. I use it to the heat flowin', then drop back to LO. Thinking of this makes me miss the heated steering wheel I had on my Maxima a few years ago. I miss that option.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm always switching from Hi to Lo to Off to Lo to Off and on..
These seats are waay too warm. I really miss the Audi settings from 1-6 and not just burning, low burning and off the CTS offers..
-Gaspar

·
Registered
270 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I'd like to see a heated steering wheel. I think the STS offers it. I wonder how easy that would adapt to our CTS?:hmm:
So true Robert! One of the only things that I wish my CTS had. I have heard that it is possible to swap steering wheels for the SRX for instance. Anyone have any confirmation, or part number on a heated steering wheel for a Cadillac?

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
I don't dare turn mine on high. Talk about chestnuts roasting on an open fire..the seats get bloodly fraggin hot!! Low I can take but Hi better bring the fire suit.

But driving the other car.. theres no A/C and you don't need heat! With the straight pipes you get fry'd even in winter!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts