Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm narrowing in on getting a CTS, but still have questions. I hate the wood on the steering wheel in the 1SB & 1SC options but my wife wants heated seats that are only on the 1SB & 1SC. Has anyone installed aftermarket bun warmers on their base CTS? If these products are available, is it easy to integrate it with the existing dash controls?

·
Registered
7 Posts
c5 rv said:
I'm narrowing in on getting a CTS, but still have questions. I hate the wood on the steering wheel in the 1SB & 1SC options but my wife wants heated seats that are only on the 1SB & 1SC. Has anyone installed aftermarket bun warmers on their base CTS? If these products are available, is it easy to integrate it with the existing dash controls?

c5 rv,

I have the 1SC so don't know about installing aftermarket warmers, but I don't think you will be able to intigrate with the dash controls because it's part of the HVAC system. You would probably have to do seperate buttons.

GBS

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Yeah you would need seperate buttons and such, two suggestions, one is you can special order it if your dealer is competent (which knowing cadillac dealers he probably isnt) and two you can get a place to install aftermarket seat warmers......

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I guess the other option would be to buy 1sb and try to swap the steering wheel, since the wood is the only difference. Given the airbag and all the on-wheel controls, this is probably also not a do-it-yourself job.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oddly enough, at first I thought the wood on the steering wheel was somewhat tacky ('03 Lux Sport Edition w.Sunroof and Bose 6 CD changer) but after having it a while, I LOVE that little difference. If you look around at the higher end lux, lux sport sedans, a lot of them have this too! Its actually kind of cool. Since I have the 5 speed, that's where my left sits mostly so the leather won't wear out!

4WARD:yup:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
The wood on the steering wheel is really a marque of quality on many higher end cars but you know w/e to each his own... The other option that would be far cheaper is to get a Homedics or other brand of Massaging and heating car seat pad. They are quite nifty and like 50 bucks a piece.

·
GM Connection
1,286 Posts
c5 rv said:
Thanks. I guess the other option would be to buy 1sb and try to swap the steering wheel, since the wood is the only difference. Given the airbag and all the on-wheel controls, this is probably also not a do-it-yourself job.
Yep best idea. Someone would probably swap you your steering wheel, and you could just have a local body shop install it. You might even try to find a base owner located near you, and have them swap you their non-wood steering wheel, and pay for the swap, as payment for the value of having the wood steering wheel...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I now have a lux edition with the wood wheel and don't mind it much. The only time it bothers me is backing out of parking places.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Ummm, that's weird.. Up here in Canada, heated seats are standard on the base CTS, which is 1SA I believe....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts