Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information on the Heated Seats from a 92 Seville STS. I found one that was pretty complete in the junkyard by me and I have removed the heated seat elements from the front seats, as well as the relay and the center console switches. My plan right now is to use these in either my 98 Lumina LTZ or 1993 Bonneville SSEi, but I need to know which wires go to what and if I have all the necessary parts. I am looking for wiring diagrams for both the wires under the seats and the switch panel.

Also, I saw mention of rear heated seats. When did this start and in which models? I would be interested in those as well.

Thanks for the help.

Geoff

·
Registered
1991 Eldorado (Gone) ; 2001 Seville SLS (RIP) ; 2005 DeVille
228 Posts
I see you double posted. I posted the diagrams in the other post

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57009

As for rear heated seats, all I know is my 01 SLS has them. Very nice they are.

Also, you can get aftermarket heated seating elements that would include everything you need. Front or rear. Just hook them up.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seatheatac.html is one site. They appear to sell custom fitted pads, along with a generic one-size-fits-all.

There is a supplier I use to know about that many dealerships use. If will try and find that one also.

Dustin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked into the kits, but they are expensive. I got the driver and passenger heating elements and switch for $15 at the yard. gotta test it still, but I got a 30 day retun policy there, so I am all set.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok... looking at the diagrams from the other post, it shows that it goes to the fuse box. Does it need anything special for that, or shold I just hook it up to a spare fuse in my car? Thanks

·
Registered
1991 Eldorado (Gone) ; 2001 Seville SLS (RIP) ; 2005 DeVille
228 Posts
jimmyfloyd said:
ok... looking at the diagrams from the other post, it shows that it goes to the fuse box. Does it need anything special for that, or shold I just hook it up to a spare fuse in my car? Thanks

I just glanced over the diagram and I see nothing special. Although, I personally woudl advise against sharing a fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts