Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Heated Seat Question.

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  obxdiver 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 ESV, the heated seats don't seem to be working right. The seat backs on both front seats are heating up nice . The seat part on both front seats are not heating up. Is there a fuse or something that would cause this? Or am I off to the dealer. Thanks, John

#2 ·
I am pretty sure the fuse is for the seat heater, it is not split into two fuses for the bottom and the back of the seat. You could look under the seat and make sure all the connectors are tight. Has it worked before, or is this the first time you are using them?

#5 ·
hcvone said:
The back will get hotter than the seat bottom.
Well, Im fine with it the way it is really, just can barely even feel the bottom. I mean its so weak that it made me think it could be the heat from the back that Im feeling. Especially since I can only feel it at the VERY back of the bottom seat. Go down about 3 inches and its cold. Ill check the connection like you suggessted tho.

#6 ·
This is my second winter with the truck. The seats are not warming at all. Just the 2 backs. The seats would get nice and hot. It's strange because both front seats are doing the same thing not warming at all. And both backs are getting nice and hot. John

#7 ·
Just to get the obvious out of the way. Are you sure you are hitting the button for seat bottom and seat back and not the button for just seat back? When they light up it actually looks the opposite of what it is. If you just hit the button on the right you should get three lights. The light on the seat back button on the left will not be on. This will heat up the whole seat. If you hit the button on the left for the seat back, the lights on the right stay on and the light on the seat back button illuminates as well. This will only heat up the seat back and not the bottom. So even though you get more lights you are getting less heat.

Just figured I'd add this just in case.

#8 ·
mike0311 said:
Just to get the obvious out of the way. Are you sure you are hitting the button for seat bottom and seat back and not the button for just seat back? When they light up it actually looks the opposite of what it is. If you just hit the button on the right you should get three lights. The light on the seat back button on the left will not be on. This will heat up the whole seat. If you hit the button on the left for the seat back, the lights on the right stay on and the light on the seat back button illuminates as well. This will only heat up the seat back and not the bottom. So even though you get more lights you are getting less heat.

Just figured I'd add this just in case.
Wow. I've never been so confused since we started a war. Ill have to break this paragraph down to understand it. Ill do it when I get back. Thanks for the reply tho.

#10 ·
mike0311 said:
As I was writing it I thought it may be confusing. I had just finished working a 13 hour day and figured that's the best you were going to get from me. :)
Actualy, I read it again and got it. My comment was a joke by the way :) Thanks and you were right. Sometimes the obvious is easily missed. The damn manual totally sucks, but it was easier than programing the garage opener!

Both back and bottom are now hot! THANKS!

For anyone who didnt understand, just have the button with the three lights on. that will do both back and bottom.

#12 ·
Glad it worked out for you. I did take your post as a joke. :halo: I was remembering my confusion when I first tried the seats and it didn't seem to make any sense. Now that you have it going, doesn't the bottom heat up real fast? I usually turn it off and just put the back on after 1 minute.

#15 · (Edited)
The seat heat controls are poorly designed.
You have to hit the button with the red dot to turn seat heating on..if it is off.
Then you get 3 red bar LEDS, indicating the HIGH heat setting
The red button does nothing more at this point
To turn the seat heat off, you have to hit one of the other 2 buttons 3 times to go to medium (2 red bars), then low (1 red bar) , then off (no red bars).
If the seat back button yellow LED is ON , the bottom cushion heat is OFF.

So, if you want full heat on the butt, and back, look for 3 RED LED bars with no yellow LED

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.