Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 DTS, Drivers side heated seat not working. Here is what I have found so far
1. Lights for the heated seat control panel are working.
2. When you turn on the heat I hear a slight click from what appears to be some kind of control box under the seat.
3. A second after you hear the first click from that box, you hear another click, this appears to be the heat turning off.
4. There is actually power going to the seats, but only for a second until you hear that second click, and then it turns off.
5. The black control box under the seat is not the problem, I tried the one from the passenger seat, and I get the same results.
6. It is obviously not fuses, since there is power getting to the seat.
7. Also cannot be the switch, since there is power getting the the seat.

Any ideas on what else may be the problem here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I believe they are thermostatically controlled, so when its on high they wont over heat.... It could be something messed up there......

So can you verify that the heater works, but only for a few seconds...... This sounds fairly simple, if in fact its on the heating pad thats the problem....!

Welcome aboard..... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Reactions: CaptainFishpond

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have verified that there is power going to the grid, and there was also two wires that I could not make any sense of, possibly a sort of thermostat. They went to the back of the seat, and then branched off into two smaller wires that were connected to each other, and the end of both of them were connected, and kind of looked like the end of a match. I tried disconnecting, and connecting them, but trying this just resulted in the same problem. I did not dig this far into the back of the seat only the seat bottom. I would be happy if I could just come up with a way to get around the thermostat? Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
You should still be under warranty....? Right......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, R Title. I'm on my own. I guess I will let a dealer take a look at it. Those heated seats are really nice on a cold morning.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I assume the passenger side works fine, right???

if so, Id investigate switching some of the components so yours works...... Screw the passenger!!!!! :D

Beyond that, i dont think i can help you..... You sound like a fairly knowledgeable person, so Id look into getting a FSM from www.helminc.com ...... Then, you should be able to figure out your problem, since it will have all the wiring diagrams......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you find a solution to your heated seat problem. I have the same problem- telltale light on, I hear a clieck under the seat when I turn o nth eheat, but no heat

toby1 said:
2002 DTS, Drivers side heated seat not working. Here is what I have found so far
1. Lights for the heated seat control panel are working.
2. When you turn on the heat I hear a slight click from what appears to be some kind of control box under the seat.
3. A second after you hear the first click from that box, you hear another click, this appears to be the heat turning off.
4. There is actually power going to the seats, but only for a second until you hear that second click, and then it turns off.
5. The black control box under the seat is not the problem, I tried the one from the passenger seat, and I get the same results.
6. It is obviously not fuses, since there is power getting to the seat.
7. Also cannot be the switch, since there is power getting the the seat.

Any ideas on what else may be the problem here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
STS
7 Posts
Hi gang,

It seems you are having the same problem that I had a few months ago, same symtoms.

The heating element in the seat was down. The dealer said it was cut out.
They had to remove the seat from the car, remove the leather from the cushions (seat and back) as the heating elements come with the leather parts.

The car is under warranty ... :)

·
Registered
1999 cadillac sts
17 Posts
i have a 99 sts with similar problems all 4 seats do not work but they click and they light up but i do not feel heat does anyone know what to do herer???

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Deville
3 Posts
Yeah, I'm having the same problem on a 2002 Deville Base. The control panel lights up, and I hear a click when I switch it on. The dealer replaced a control module for $300, the heat in the driver's seat worked for 5 days, the dealership promptly went out of business, the seat smelled like it was on fire, and it stopped heating forever. It was an expensive experiment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts