Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Fleetwood Brougham, 98 DeVille D'Elegance, 08 Escalade, 10 ESV Platinum, 16 ESV Platinum
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 08 Escalde and had to find out that the heated seat on the driver side is not working. Also the driver side power mirror is only moving from left/right and not up/down. When i try to move it up/down i can hear the same noise as when it moves left/right, to me it seems like it would be stuck. Anybody who can help? Thank you guys!

·
Registered
2007 esKONali
1,099 Posts
How ling ago did you buy it? Did you buy it from a dealer? If so, I would complain and try to get it fixed under some type of buyers warranty.

If your not gonna worry about it and take care of it yourself, here's the motor you need for the mirror.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-10...ts=Model:Escalade&hash=item2ec4a819b7&vxp=mtr

To remove the mirror, carefully push the bottom of the mirror till it's all the way down, then grab the mirror from the top and pull backwards, towards the rear of the vehicle. There are 4 hard tabs that will pull the mirror away from that mirror. be careful not to pull that hard, because there are wires attached to the mirror. There will be 4 hex head screws holding the motor on to the housing. you'll see how easy it is to put back, after you carefully take it apart.

As far as the heated seat, it could be a number of things. I'll let someone else chime in who might have done it before.

·
Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
602 Posts
The heated seat has 2 blowers- one for the back and one for the bottom. Chances are that one of the blowers may have failed. I also had a couple where the connector for the seat bottom blower backed out. HTH.

·
Registered
93 Fleetwood Brougham, 98 DeVille D'Elegance, 08 Escalade, 10 ESV Platinum, 16 ESV Platinum
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi nathanjax,

thank you for your help. I just ordered one :)

I really hope the heated seat probel is not a BIG problem. Well, let's wait and see what your friend finds out!

Thanks again!

----------

Hey Cadmanchris,

i know the bottom fan is working fine, i'm not sure about the one in the backrest. I'll check that and i'll let you know.

But anyway, do you really think the fans have anything to do with the heating of the seats?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And btw. guys, MERRY X-MAS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts