Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 escalade heated/cooled seats inop, indicator still showing norm. No fans, both front seats, everything else seems to be functioning correctly with hvac. Fuses? Checked two that I could find; inst panel(cooled seats) under hood #43 (cooled seats) both were good. Read something about seat/cushion ventilation,heating and cooling module cannot locate it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
275 Posts
It is under the right front seat, more than likely the plug has a bunrt wire where it plugs in. The plugs are available from your dealer. That is what fixed mine after I replace the module.

·
Registered
Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the module is what caused wires to heat or did you replace it as a guess before finding the bad wire

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
1 Posts
I just had this happen in my 07 ESV last week. The module overheated and melted the connector and wire. It was a quick fix and works great now.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2013 ATS-4 2.0T Premium
8 Posts
Great Forum. I just fixed the same problem in my 2007 ESV. No need to remove the passenger seat. The connector is under a plastic shield under the passenger seat. It's just outboard of the heater duct. I pryed the shield and connector up to expose and there is enough wire to work on it easily. The black 10g wire in connector pin #9 on the smooth side of the multipin connector and the red/thin white stripe 12g wire in connector #8 on the side with the raised alignment ridges were burned. I'm attaching jpeg's. The easiest/cheapest way to fix is to cut the corresponding wire pairs from the multipin and splice together directly with wire guage appropriate wiring nuts. Worked like a charm, and took less than an hour, even just 5 days out from abdominal surgery.

Attachments

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
No burnt connectors on either side of my pigtails, at least nothing I could see from either side.

So if neither seat has heating or cooling, but you hear the relay click when you turn on the heater or the cooler the first time, what's next? This is really dumb.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
No burnt connectors on either side of my pigtails, at least nothing I could see from either side.

So if neither seat has heating or cooling, but you hear the relay click when you turn on the heater or the cooler the first time, what's next? This is really dumb.
Did you ever have any luck getting yours working? I'm in the same boat, I hear a click when I first turn the seats on, then it clicks again with no heat or cooling. I've looked at the connections, but need to get in there during the daytime and make sure everything looks good. Didn't notice any burnt connections.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Did you ever have any luck getting yours working? I'm in the same boat, I hear a click when I first turn the seats on, then it clicks again with no heat or cooling. I've looked at the connections, but need to get in there during the daytime and make sure everything looks good. Didn't notice any burnt connections.
Yes, I fixed them.

There's about six different places where this same power wire can overheat and melt. There is the pigtail connection back there in the back of the seat, and a few modules attached to the seat itself under the passenger seat cushion. I found burnt wire at a module closest to the passenger door, and another on the opposite side. However the one that was causing the problem was the one on the outboard side of the passenger seat cushion. I simply unplugged the connector, bent the pin outward slightly on the module side, and then re plugged in the connector. The charred material and heat deform the connection so if you are lucky, all you need to do is whatever it takes to solidify the connection between the pin and the connector.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
18 Posts
This same thing happened to my 07 recently and saw that the connector and module were fried... Parts to fix were $400

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV
25 Posts
Same thing just happened to my '07 ESV as well. I am on my way to pick it up from the dealer now. Marcus is right on with the price...lucky for me it was still under factory warranty so it's paid for. I'll post what the issue was after I pick it up.

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV
25 Posts
Hey Play, are the heated/cooling elements running off the same module? I'm wondering cause I'm hoping that the mechanics were smart enough to check the cooling element if they are not. Thx

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Success!

I finally did more poking around and was about to try removing the seat to get to all the wiring. I moved the seat all the way forward and saw the thicker gauge wires, followed them around to the front and saw where it looked like they went up into the seat. Moved the seat all the way back and looked all around with a flashlight. There are 3 connections on the underside of the front of the seat. I unclipped the one with the larger wires and found the culprit. Scraped down the charred plastic and bent the connection so it was a little tighter. Reconnected, turned the car on and hit the button. Everything worked as new! I can't believe GM isn't worried about a lawsuit or potential fires with the level of singeing I saw on mine. And I imagine mine wasn't the worst since I was able to repair it.

·
Registered
2008 ESV
24 Posts
Success!
There are 3 connections on the underside of the front of the seat. I unclipped the one with the larger wires and found the culprit. Scraped down the charred plastic and bent the connection so it was a little tighter. Reconnected, turned the car on and hit the button. Everything worked as new! I can't believe GM isn't worried about a lawsuit or potential fires with the level of singeing I saw on mine. And I imagine mine wasn't the worst since I was able to repair it.
Just did the same to mine. I first looked at the connector at the rear, as posted earlier, then unbolted seat and poked around...I found this plug, and same issue...
Now my flatulence fans work, and I'm going to go for a drive and test the heater!

Edit - Butt heaters work too! :D

·
Registered
Escalade
2 Posts
I just tried looking for a bad wire and could not find one. Played around with each wire, wingled them, and press firm on all connectors and BOOM!...turn the Escalade on and the cooled/heated seats are now working. I am just guessing I had a loose connection. thanks for all the help with above comments.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts