Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
none
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question...

I am looking at the wiring diagrams for the heated and cooled seats and it says there is 20A fuse located in the "heated cooled seat fuse block.

Any idea where this fuse block is located?

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Under the hood. I'll fetch you a link from one of my posts less then a week old. BRB

·
Registered
none
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i must be stupid because i cannot find this fuse in the owners manual either. please see the wiring diagram.. i have looked at the underhood panel and the I/P block and cannot locate the 20A fuse...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Disregard my earlier post. The seat motors fuse may be under the hood, but the fuse for the heated seat elements is in the interior fuse panel. Open the driver's door and look on the end of the dash. Pull off the plastic cover and look for the fuse labeled "IGN3" in the upper left hand.

In the PDF file I linked you to you should review page 5-110.

I'm not sure it will be a fuse problem, but this should help you find it. Best of luck.

·
Registered
none
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not the ING3 fuse because the passenger seat works great. With my multimeter, I confirmed I have no power at the orange wire that connects to the seat control module. I am stumped as to the location of that fuse....

·
Registered
none
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, what a pain in the butt when it was right in the open. the four fuses were located right next to the steering column. nice to have the drivers seat heater/cooler working again!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem with no power on the positive battery wire to the heated/cooled seats control module under the passenger seat. I think in the messing around changing the pigtail plug (the big plug that plugs into the module) i may have blown a fuse but i can't figure out where the fuse is that gives power to this control module under the passenger seat!?

help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess i'll give that a try. the passenger seat motors work fine but maybe in that mess of wires at the rear of the seat (indicated by the link you shared) there's a loose wire supplying power to the heated seat module???

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 310,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,161 Posts
If you read my link, my passenger seat worked perfectly. Only my driver's seat would not move, heat or cool, no lumbar etc...

If you have a friend operate the seat buttons while you wiggle the wires I pointed out. I bet you, the seat will operate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts