Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 i Escalade luxury Wht Diamond tricoat w/ Kona Brown
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was at the dealer i asked them about the auto start and heated seat feature. I do have the Cue system set to have the
seats heat when i auto start the car. ( the dealership did do a software update for me just in case)
I was told by the dealership that this feature only works when the temp is very low. ( we have had multi teen nights and single
digit nights) ...So the seats should turn on. I was also told that the interior icon for the heated seats wont light up.. ???
The dealership also said the seats wont get as hot ( which they never seem to get normally) in auto start mode. MY seats didnt
seem to get warm at all. Any one else use this feature? Please respond to how yours works. Im curious if i have an issue !

·
Registered
90 Posts
I asked the same questions and got the same answers. I put a folded towel over the seat butt and it did get toasty. I leave the towel in there for the cold days when I have to leave the car out.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
I have the the system....and it works pretty much as the dealer described. The seats will not get "toasty warm" until you activate them directly after having "officially" started the vehicle. The remote start function DOES reduce the overall warm up time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes. I had the same issue. And I also called the dealer . Heres what I see is the problem. You hit the remote start. Supposively they're on when you get in the car. But the indicator lights don't illuminate. Pretty stupid . And as soon as you hit the start button they automatically turn off. So you never really don't ever know if they're where on in the first place.? Even My dodge truck has remote start and the seat heater lights illuminate. And stay on even after you hit Start .
On my 2015i ESV I tried this for a couple morning believeing the seats didn't work? By the 2nd day I noticed the seat was a little warm .

·
Registered
2015 Plat Escalade
22 Posts
Let me add please don,t let your cars idle for more then 3-4 min.
After a year your cats will be clogged and your car/truck will have poor performance.
Engines run rich while cold and it is best to drive them right away.
I,ve had this happen to me and then replaced the cats and got tons of power back.
Consider removing primary cats or replace with hi flo also.
Food for thought.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Let me add please don,t let your cars idle for more then 3-4 min.
After a year your cats will be clogged and your car/truck will have poor performance.
Engines run rich while cold and it is best to drive them right away.
I,ve had this happen to me and then replaced the cats and got tons of power back.
Consider removing primary cats or replace with hi flo also.
Food for thought.
Indeed "food for thought".....the convenience of remote start is an addiction that could possibly have the result you are warning about......It has always been "best advice" to start the vehicle and get moving! Over the years.....many of us have moved away from the "common sense" of internal combustion engines.....i'm guilty!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This makes sense about the CATS. With single digit temps and snow and ice on all windows. The auto start / defrost feature makes it much easier to get that ice off the windows.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
43 Posts
I've been remote starting my Tahoe and Suburban for years and letting it idle 5-10 minutes and have not had any problems.

Doesn't the computer adjust for the cold run and not let it run rich? If it allowed it to run rich that would piss off the EPA no?

·
Registered
2015 Plat Escalade
22 Posts
Also worth noting since this is a direction injection motor there is no fuel going over the intake valves and will need walnut blasting on average intervals of 50,000 km.
I do it on my bmw once a year.

Sorry for off topic OP

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
43 Posts
I installed an oil catch can on my '14 Camaro that removes all of the crankcase oil blowby that gunks up the intakes and valves.

I wonder if the same kit works on the Caddy? Basically the same motor.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
I've been remote starting my Tahoe and Suburban for years and letting it idle 5-10 minutes and have not had any problems.

Doesn't the computer adjust for the cold run and not let it run rich? If it allowed it to run rich that would piss off the EPA no?

Hmmmmm...probably so!

·
Registered
2015 Plat Escalade
22 Posts
I installed an oil catch can on my '14 Camaro that removes all of the crankcase oil blowby that gunks up the intakes and valves.

I wonder if the same kit works on the Caddy? Basically the same motor.
Catch can will not eliminate this issue i also ran one for three years, opened the intake manifold and bingo they were full of gunk. Open your up down the road you,ll see mate

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Something has to be wrong with the design / engineering of the heated seats in the auto start mode !!
On long Island last night we had 3 Degree temps and this morning when i got out to the car it was 4 Degrees. I did a auto start on the car a good 8 minutes before i walked out to the car at 6 am. The car was pretty warm but the seats were ice cold.. excuse my language but WTF !!!.. how could this be designed to work like this. I did see the dealership about this and they said its normal... NORMAL... normal to not work!!!!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
ma4utopia said:
Something has to be wrong with the design / engineering of the heated seats in the auto start mode !! On long Island last night we had 3 Degree temps and this morning when i got out to the car it was 4 Degrees. I did a auto start on the car a good 8 minutes before i walked out to the car at 6 am. The car was pretty warm but the seats were ice cold.. excuse my language but WTF !!!.. how could this be designed to work like this. I did see the dealership about this and they said its normal... NORMAL... normal to not work!!!!
Reading the OM would be a good start or playing around with the settings. Before, its auto mode and it heats or cools the seats depending on the ambient temp. Now, you have to go to cue and go to vehicle settings and turn ON the heat and cooled seats for it to work.

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD
6 Posts
YEs, the sad part is Cadillac's have worked like this for several years - at least since I had my 2008 CTS. I think it's releated to having soft keys. On my GF's 2015 Nissan Altima - which has a sticker price less than half of my 2015 CTS, you have hard switches to turn on and off. If you leave the heated steering wheel and heated seat switches on, when you use remote start they turn on and they are nice and toasty after a few minutes. Cadillacs, for some unknown reason - don't work like this. Perhaps they should go back to hard switches for heated seats. The steering wheel warms up so fast it isn't a big deal not to have it warm up on auto start. I wish Cadillac would give us some explaination why they have improved this problem in all this time!!

----------

woops - that should of course have been "why they have NOT improved this problem in all this time!" That's what I get for posting at 4am!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I always read manuals and have the CUE system set up correctly in the menu feature to have the seats heater start when the remote start feature is used. This is an example of a poorly engineered design.

Reading the OM would be a good start or playing around with the settings. Before, its auto mode and it heats or cools the seats depending on the ambient temp. Now, you have to go to cue and go to vehicle settings and turn ON the heat and cooled seats for it to work.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
ma4utopia said:
I always read manuals and have the CUE system set up correctly in the menu feature to have the seats heater start when the remote start feature is used. This is an example of a poorly engineered design.
You should try the Range Rover and family and see what poor ergonomic design is. FYI, the rear hatch of a Range Rover has an OPEN Only button. To close it, you have to go outside and close it manually, wth? Is it for James Bond to have a getaway escape route?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts