Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've had a rattle for a while now and havent been able to find it. Got under the car and gave it some gas and it sounded like it was at the middle of the car. I held the exhaust with my hand and pushed to one side and stopped the sound. It looks like the heat shield around the driveshaft and exhaust in the middle of the car is shaking on the driver side. The rattle is worst when the car is cold but after driving and heating everything up it gets a little less annoying.

Any tricks to fixing this? Anyone had this problem? Should I just find some foam or something the stick between the heatshield and the car body?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not rubbing the exhaust of driveshaft it's just rattling

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Hit it for real....it's probably moving back and forth when you are driving.

If you can't get to it with the exhaust on, use a breaker bar on the ends of the heat shield and smack the bar handle a few times with the hammer. Maybe the rivets are a little loose.

I had the same prob at first when I put my exhaust on. I beat it back into submission and it's quiet now.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hit it for real....it's probably moving back and forth when you are driving.

If you can't get to it with the exhaust on, use a breaker bar on the ends of the heat shield and smack the bar handle a few times with the hammer. Maybe the rivets are a little loose.

I had the same prob at first when I put my exhaust on. I beat it back into submission and it's quiet now.
Thanks. I wasn't sure how the heat shields were mounted to the car. I'll try that today when I get it in the air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts