Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 SRX 8cyl that started blowing hot air out of the drivers side vents and cold air is coming out of the passenger side and rear. I have done some searching on the internet and found out it is the HVAC Panel Mode Door Actuator and part fits 07-09 Cadillac SRX ,AC Delco GM Original Equipment part # 15-73823 . I have ordered the part but was wondering if anyone can tell me where the part is located and how to install it. I have searched for videos or information but so far can find no info for my model SRX. Any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
According to the SM you need to remove the IP. Having said that, the Mode Actuator is attached to the left side of the HVAC module so maybe you could get to it by removing parts of the center console, radio etc. or up under the glove compartment. Good luck!

·
Registered
07 SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to say I do not know what the IP is. Please let me know. I believe by the SM you mean the schematic?

----------

Is this located on passenger side behind the glove box? Has anyone ever installed this yourself?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
IP= instrument panel
SM- service manual
Yes, the module is forward of the glove box.

·
Registered
2007 SRX Sport, 2008 CTS
184 Posts
This can be a few things, especially if you have dual zone climate. When this happened to me, it was an easy and cheap fix, all that needed to be done was a flush of the cooling system fluids and it corrected it. Why... not sure. but was cheaper than parts and labour to fix a digital problem.

·
Registered
SRX
4 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? If so what was done to fix it and how much did you end up spending. I have this same issue with my 06. I read the reply on flushing the system but that does not seem to add up with fluids and electronics. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 SRX4
1 Posts
I have a 2008 SRX4, and have a similar problem with heat on the driver side and cool air on the passenger side, anyone have comments on the issue, as I have read the prior threads, but just trying to figure it all out.

BTW, been a nice vehicle, had it since 2010, nothing huge in problems only rear tail gate, and good news it turned out to be the strut, and used this forum to find solution which was drilling a hole in side of tail light (black side inside vehicle), then was an easy fix for $30.00 for the strut and a few minutes of my time.

thanks

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
You likely have DTCs that don't show on the MIL icon. That should lead to correcting the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts