Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Allante 1988
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1988 Allante . trying to remove headrest.I have the manual sec 10-9-4.
raised rubber boot( 5 cover) and ( 6 pin) looks like plastic color. Now it says rotae tube clockwise. If they are talking about (7 hinge) I put grips and tried to turn, no movement. I noticed their is plastic pc in the bottom of the headrest, it seem to be able to be removed. Does the headrest come off hinge, and the hinge stay in the seat, or does the tube (hinge) come out with the headrest.

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
1988 Allante . trying to remove headrest.I have the manual sec 10-9-4.
raised rubber boot( 5 cover) and ( 6 pin) looks like plastic color. Now it says rotae tube clockwise. If they are talking about (7 hinge) I put grips and tried to turn, no movement. I noticed their is plastic pc in the bottom of the headrest, it seem to be able to be removed. Does the headrest come off hinge, and the hinge stay in the seat, or does the tube (hinge) come out with the headrest.

just saw this. i believe i got the pictures of my '88 seats being taken apart
in this site. look for them and if you cant find them drop me a line.

you really have to reach in and pull the pin, metal.

you can actually feel the pin under the skin.

i pulled the headrests, removed those "god ugly loop", and exchanged the headrests so
the little holes & imprints were in the middle of the car, giving the headrests a nice smooth
look from outside.

BTW, i also exchanged the bottom LEFT bolsters - driver was a bit more worn (entry wear) than
the other side. i glued a leather patch inside the skin to cover the holes (which you cant see
anyways once the seat is in place). still, my car ended up with "new seats" look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts