Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess its time for a new headliner. Kids been playing with it too much. I am searching for an alternative for the regular kind. I don't like that one too much. I heard of getting a vinyl one or a suede one. Anyone know how much these would cost?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You could get a pseudo suede one for cheaper....

Take the car to a trim shop and see what sort of options you have......

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was your car that I saw!!! I wanted to jock off of you with the headliner real bad until you told me the price. Just burst my bubble! :crying: I think that Wes has an idea about the pseudo suede. I am gonna check that out.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
How much sun gets under there anyway? And who goes around touching other peoples headliners?

If I have to keep my car I might replace the headliner, no way I'm paying more for a headliner than my car though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Look, just take the old headliner down, pull the headliner material of, scrub the old foam off with a wire brush (cleaner the better), buy a can of spray adhesive (10 $), go to the local fabric store, look at the vinyl section, find a nice color(about 2-3 yards, should cost about 6 dollars a yard), Spray adhesive on both the vinyl and headliner board, let both sides "tack-up", stick together and stretch, Roll out air bubbles, re-install and enjoy....
oh... beat kids if they get their grubby little hands on it again...
easy to do about one and a half hour, the vinyl is the best way to go, you can wipe it off with rag and if you get any color but white - you wont have to do it very often. (White is nice though)
good luck... if you break the foamboard backing for the headliner just use cardboard and adhesive on the back side of the board to re-attach broken piece.
later.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hollywood says that you are the man jacen98. He is going to do what you suggested once he finds a fabric store around here. Whoever touches the headliner shall get slapped!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts