Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my headliner board in half trying to get it out and I've been looking around for a replacement part. I've search the boards and googled it up but all seem to find is the fabric replacement and foam removal part. I've got a 82 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreactiated,
Thanks,
Caddy89

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi!

How badly is it broken? I've found using duct tape can fix them and they work just fine. They are tough to get out of the car without damaging them in some way.

Dave

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'elgance
204 Posts
Bro-Ham said:
I've found using duct tape can fix them and they work just fine.
Dave

Duct tape works perfect well but I would also use velcro on both sides of the broken board having on end on the ceiling and the other on the board this makes sure the duct tape doesnt take all the stress. I have done this on a van and in a a friends Cutty and it hasnt come down or shown that it was ever broke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after scrapping off that nasty foam that has been sitting there for over 20 years, It looked like a caveren. I tried to duck tape the board back together. Doing so I found out that it was cracked in another spot. I duck taped it all together and it still seemed really woobly.

Aside from the fiberglass sides that I haven't tried yet, is there anyplace that sells headliner boards. I need the actual board, not the faberic or the spray.

Thanks again,
~Caddy 89

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All right, I hit up stock interiors and they explained to me that they do not have any available for a 1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. I also asked about similar model’s headliner, and nothing is available. I’m thinking that my only two options left are A, either go to a junkyard and find a replacement, or B, duck tape and try to mold the headliner board as firm as possible. If I do find another 80-85 model Fleetwood (I think it is) it may be in the same condition as my old one. Anyone have any suggestions on using something other than a headliner board, aka make your own headliner board.

Thanks,
Caddy89
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/biography/Rutherford.html

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
my T/A has a bad one, I found a replacement one in a boneyard. But I had to swap it there, as I couldn't transport it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts